Okay, so it officially begins today!
At midnight, just as it was turning June 30th (I actually happened to glance at the time at exactly midnight) I had horrible cramps, to the point of groaning and tears. It felt like my old cramps from last year, where I'd be laying on the floor shaking and crying from how severe the pain is. Last night I basically got through them with lots of noise, squeezing Bill's arm, and trying to focus on Sudoku.
I fell asleep for a little while, then around 1 AM I felt lots of warm liquid come out. I didn't feel a pop like I've been expecting, and in my sleep I thought "am I really peeing the bed? I just went!" I was really hoping that it was my water or else I was going to be super embarrassed to have peed all over the place! Once the gush stopped, I hopped out of bed and tried to make it to the door, but that's when the water really went - I started gushing all down my legs, soaking through all my clothes. I woke Bill up, told him my water just broke and to grab me pants and underwear as I slowly waddled to the bathroom, hoping I wouldn't drip all over my carpet.
I was told to go back to sleep for as long as I could and check in with the birthing center in the morning for an appointment to see them. I did my best to sleep, though with all the gushing that continued (I soaked through sheets, towels, multiple pairs of underwear, and pads) and cramping.
At 6 AM I wasn't able to sleep anymore, so I got up very carefully to not mess up more of the bed and started to walk and bounce of the ball.
It's 7:30 now and the crampinngs aren't going anywhere. Hoping to get a shower soon and then call the birthing center.
Seems like Katie is a very punctual baby! Only 5% of women have their babies on their due date, and 10% have their waters break before labor has actually begun. I guess she's taking after me, she just has to be a rare one!
Hope labor and delivery go quickly, easily, and without complication. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new addition. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!! I hope the labor and delivery go really well for you and Katie gets here safe and sound! :)
ReplyDelete