Get ready for rambling, I'm only half awake:
Tried an experiment last night/this morning...don't think it went too well.
Today is Bill's first day training as supervisor on first shift, so we went to bed around 9:30 - 10. I purposely skipped my daily nap so that I'd be tired enough to sleep. Except as soon as I laid down, I was wide awake. It probably took well over an hour for me to fall asleep, and even then I couldn't stay asleep. My back hurt a lot so I was constantly tossing and turning to find a position to relieve it, which kept Bill up for a while as well. I made about five trips to the bathroom through the night, each one making me wide awake by the time I tried to fall back to sleep again. Finally, 4 AM came and our alarm clocks went off over and over. Of course now was the time in the night that my body didn't feel like getting up. By 4:30 we had made it out of bed, and Bill looked completely out of it.
My idea was that I should practice being only half awake and having to do tasks efficiently so when I'm barely awake and can't keep my eyes open when baby comes, maybe my body will take over a bit and help me out to do whatever it is I need to do. So I went downstairs and put Bill's lunch together in a plastic bag and then got him and I some breakfast (somehow I was starving. Any other time I could never eat at such an hour.) By 5:15 Bill had left and I was able to return to bed. Well, I was more awake at that moment than I have been through most of my pregnancy. Still, the thought of being awake in the house at 5 AM with nothing to really do and the house still dark made me lay down again. Except ten minutes after I laid down, it was light out. I slept extremely fitfully through most of the morning, trying to catch some sleep just so I wouldn't feel like death all day. I only half accomplished that, so I'm still pretty out of it.
I expanded on my cooking skills last night and decided to make flounder. Never made flounder before, but I had all these frozen, raw fillets waiting to be cooked for like three months now. I found a simple recipe online for baked fish (the last time I made fish, which was my first time making any raw fish, was in a skillet) with a parmasian cheese, lemon juice, mayo, salt, onion topping. After I mixed all those ingredients together, my confidence in the dish dropped - it looked pretty gross. But I was already half way through the recipe at that time so I grabbed out the fish that had been baking for a while and smeared it over them then broiled the fish for a little while longer. I wish I had defrosted the fish more, because they still had enough frost in them to make the pan wet and the fish soggy - I kept trying to pick up the liquid with a paper towel but it wasn't working. They did turn a really nice color though, and I served them up with buttered noodles and green beans, which were freezer burnt but not badly. The fish ended up being a bit salty (I forgot about how salty parmasian cheese is, so I added a little too much salt) but it actually tasted good. Bill raved about it a few times, but that might have been so he didn't have to see me all upset, especially after I made cake the night before and cried over it when the lower layer crumbled apart.
Katie seems to have found her fists today. She keeps rubbing them along my uterus, so this little bump can be seen going all over the left side of my belly. It's cute. I keep putting my hand on my left side, and she usually takes her fist and bops it where my hand is. Her fist sure feels better than this butt that she keeps sticking out of me, which both feels uncomfortable and makes me look very lopsided.
It's only three days until I hit 37 weeks. It's all getting so close!
It's 12:30 and all I want to do is go back to sleep. Again. But I know the pattern well enough already.
No comments:
Post a Comment