Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 5, 2011

36w, 3d

It's been a productive day so far! (Though by now my back is killing me, so I'm not sure how much more productive I'll be.)

 I woke up with the need to get the messiest room in the house in order - the kitchen. Bill was already awake so I just went downstairs, fed Sophie and took her outside, then started on the dishes. Once the dishes were done two hours later (I always let them stack up way too much, though now I'm on everyone to wash their dishes right after eating off them) I scrubbed out the sinks, counters, stove, and table and swept the floor. It now looks so much nicer!

After that Bill fixed the sink while I cleaned up the bathroom a bit and then we went to give Sophie a bath (which she hated, as always, and that's what makes it a two person job!) and I cut up the chocolate cake I made last night to eat for breakfast. I keep getting so hungry so suddenly that I have to eat right then, right now or I feel like my stomach will shrivel up. Horrible feeling, so I've been sure to keep food around that can just be grabbed and eaten instead of needing to cook. Currently I'm taking a break from meal planning for the next two weeks since we won't have much money at all to buy new groceries during that period so we're trying to use up everything we have now.

 We bought lots of fish months ago that's just been sitting in the freezer. I know fun things to do with most meats, but I'm most lacking in fish. So today we decided to use up some of the flounder we have, and I found a bunch of recipes I'm eager to try. Best of all, I only need one ingredient from the store to make all of them - lemon juice. Since we have to go there to get bottled water for Bill's breathing machine anyway, it looks like I'll get to hopefully make a nice dinner tonight, and maybe make another to freeze for Baby Week.

Katie has been so very active. I have no idea how she's managing to still be posterior when she keeps sticking her butt out of my belly. I know it's her butt because I asked the doctor about it during the last ultrasound. I suppose since she's laying on my side, she's able to stick her butt out and rest her feet on my right ribcage, creating a very round, far out side bump that I often get kicks from. She sure feels heavy now, I keep feeling like i need to walk around while holding my bump up because it's just so heavy and hard to work with.

 I'm not sure what changed, maybe because she's full term now and things can happen any time in the next few weeks, or just because he's been reading a lot, but Bill is getting really excited about the baby. He keeps saying about how we're going to have her soon and grinning, and how he can't wait to see her. He also seems much more confident in my laboring skills than I am, he assures me I'll do fine and at least sounds like he believes it. My faith in it wavers. I believe I can get through it, I just worry about all the things that can easily take away the birth I desire, and how I'll act once I'm taken out of the enviroment that I had designed in my head. If I can avoid a transfer, I'll feel better. Active labor contractions still scare the daylights out of me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment