So on Sunday I had two bloody shows, lots of cramps, contractions and sharp, shooting pains all over. I was super hopeful that this was the start! From 11PM - 1AM, I had mild contractions every 15 minutes.
On Monday morning around 9 AM, I went to the midwife to get checked out. I was 1 cm dilated, with a really soft cervix, the baby's head very low, but the cervix still high up. My water, as I knew it, was still in tact though I was leaking quite a bit of regular fluid. I was deemed in early labor and sent home to progress more. The midwife said it could be anywhere from a few hours to a few days, no way to know still. I was told the baby was posterior, which may be keeping things from progressing faster.
Monday night things seemed really slow, and today has been slow too. Though last night the baby actually felt like she was going to fall out of me, she was shoving against my skin so hard that it literally felt like wouldn't be able to contain her. Afterwards though, my back pain was gone, and it's still gone today. (It was terrible on Sunday and Monday, my lower back and tail bone was in agony!) I'm hoping this means she turned. (And she may have left a few marks on me doing so...)
Today has been quiet. I took a long bath and did some walking, bounced on the ball and relaxed on the bed. I'm having shooting pains and cramps now. I only had what felt like one giant painful contraction early (which was basically only a tease!) I'm about to go out for a long walk, then try going up and down stairs again, which is supposed to help dilating and encourage water to break. My fingers are crossed that labor will start up again and she'll come really soon.
So right now it's still just a waiting game. A really, really slow waiting game that refuses to give me any clues on when it'll be over.
I'm glad to see a new post. I was wondering if anything exciting happened. Hope she arrive soons!
ReplyDelete:-/ come on Katie!!!
ReplyDelete