Bear with me here, I'm working on two hours of sleep. If something doesn't make sense, just skip it - I'm pretty out of it.
I'm 38 weeks today, I think last week was the slowest week in pregnancy of all. Time has finally really slowed down, each day is super long now. The entire nine months sped by so fast, just to get tired and crawl the rest of the way from here. I'm not complaining, I'd rather they go slowly now so I can have each day in full instead of wondering where it went.
But today is going to be SO slow, just because I'm so very, very tired. Last night I went to bed between 12-12:30 AM. I woke up around 1-2 with nasty back aches and BH. They kept me tossing and turning and waking me up every few minutes from sleep. Until 4:30, when Bill's alarm went off for work. Then I was awake, and in serious pain. No idea what caused it, maybe it's just BH getting stronger, but they were really bad. (It was around this time that I discovered that "going to my relaxing place" doesn't happen when I'm in pain, and I also can't just focus on breathing to take the pain away. And these were just BH. I don't know why I even go to these birthing classes!) Around 5:30 -6 I couldn't stay in bed anymore with them, so I got up and walked around for a while with Sophie at my heels. Did this for about a half hour until they calmed down a little and hurt a bit less, then went back to bed. Except by this time I was VERY awake, but felt way too crappy to start my day. So I laid in bed with the BH for two more hours until it was around 8-8:30. Finally fell asleep (though Sophie got restless and kept going in and out of her cage, making it rattle and waking me up every time, so it was very broken sleep) for about two hours. And that's what I'm going on now.
Somehow, I need to make it through the birthing class tonight. I honestly don't know how I will, I'm so out of it but when I try to nap I can't. Bill also has been having sleeping issues, between the way I am all night (constantly turning or hurting or going to the bathroom) and problems with his sleeping machine he's not getting much more sleep than I am. Last week at the Early Home Care class, about half way through it I noticed that he kept leaning over, like he was focused on something on the floor. He was over half way to his knees before I realized that he was asleep and I had to give him a shove to startle him out of it! That was two days after he started first shift, but I'm pretty sure his body will never get used to getting up so early in the morning. Hopefully it goes better tonight though.
Something we weren't expecting to have to deal with, Sophie has a doggy cold. Which is ironic, because it occurred to me last week that maybe we should limit her going to her doggy socials just in case she'd get sick or something right now. And then bam, before we could even take her to another one or not, she gets a cold which is focused around her eyes. She has the sneezes and leaky eyes. The pharmasist we talked to said it wasn't a big deal and gave us a few different things we can do for her to avoid taking her to the vet. Bill's been taking care of her and treating her, so I'm able to stay away. It's a dog thing and shouldn't be able to transfer over, but just in case I'm not touching her right now. We're hoping to clears up sooner rather than later because we definitely don't want to deal with this if the baby decides to come a week or so early. We got her eye treatment stuff yesterday that's supposed to clear it up within a few days, hopefully it does.
38 week pics:



No comments:
Post a Comment