Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

35w, 6d

Katie is head's down! PHEW! She's still posterior, but that seems easier to deal with now that I was threatened with a transverse/breech baby. From how the doctor described, it seems like she's hanging out around that empty spot that once contained an ovary and tube. She's not on my back, or on my side really, but somewhere in between facing out diagonally towards my front right.

 Besides being posterior, she's still a girl (the doctor laughed when I asked him to check her, but he agreed to and said she still looks like a little girl) and she's 5lbs, 12oz already -which he said was a perfect weight. Didn't get any pictures unfortunately, and he didn't look at her profile, just close up parts of her body, which was moving around and trying to get the device off of her - she really seems to hate all technology! He measured her all over and said everything still looks good and he hoped to not see me again! He also measured my amniotic fluid and said it was at a good level.

 I was so relieved. He had us in the room sitting for fifteen minutes, and I was so nervous that I actually made myself feel sick. As soon as he came in though, he said he thought the midwife was wrong and I didn't look breeched. He felt around for a few seconds and said he was pretty sure her head was completely down. When he confirmed it, it felt like I could breathe again! The entire way home, I just kept repeating "I'm so relieved, I'm so relieved!"

No comments:

Post a Comment