Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 12, 2011

37w, 3d

The weekend went by so quickly! I can't believe Monday is already here. If everyday slips by this fast, I'll have a baby in my arms in no time!

We went swimming yesterday, something I've been really wanting to do for weeks now. I can't even describe how amazing it felt! We went, even though it wasn't very hot and it was a gloomy day, but the water was a great temperature - usually I have the hardest time getting in to a pool, but not yesterday.  The weightlessness felt so good, I kept telling Bill I wasn't going to go home and that I wanted to stay in until the baby came! lol. For the first time in so long, I felt like I was back to my pre-pregnancy self - no huge amount of pressure, baby weight, or waddling. I could move in all kinds of amazing ways and it felt effortless to move about instead of my usual groan and slow waddle walk. We stayed in until they cleared the pool out due to thunderstorm warnings, which was about an hour and a half. I loved every minute of it, and hope to go back. It felt like great exercise - my muscles feel pleasantly stretched and worked.

Today however, was not so good. I had a good night's sleep without contractions for once, I even slept in through the morning. Yet somehow all day I felt completely out of it, tired and groggy. I drank a lot of water to make sure it wasn't dehydration and took a few hour nap but it still isn't feeling too much better.  We went to a baby shower for Bill's cousin, who's due just five days before I am. We left early because I started to fall asleep while sitting there, and my head felt really light and groggy.

My pelvis is currently in severe pain and I have no clue as to why. It just started hurting around 9:30 PM, and it's almost an hour later and still getting worse. She's moving around like crazy, really low in my belly so maybe it's just her laying on a nerve or pushing into something. I had to slowly crawl up the stairs to get up them. Hoping it eases soon, not sure what I can do about it - it's too close to the baby to use heat or cold as her head is laying right against it.

Hopefully laying down will help out. Before then though, I found out that I could fit in my pre-pregnancy bikini. Of course I had to take pictures of that - I was 99% sure I wouldn't be able to fit at all, when it really fit quite well!


No comments:

Post a Comment