Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Part two

Today was a fun continuation of Christmas decorating! I went out for a few hours to quite a few stores to pick up decorations with a few friends. Turns out I didn't quite buy enough of everything!

 I decorated the tree the best I could - the bottom of the tree is bare of lights and balls, and we only have a handful of decorations so far (wow are they expensive in stores!)

 I got four stockings, two of the same for DH and I, one with paws on it for Sophie and one for baby that has a pocket in the front with the words "Letter To Santa", which I thought was adorable. They were the first things I hung up when I got back home.



 The tree continues to baffle my mind. I bought three or four packs of lights for it, and it still needs at least one more! And that's only covering maybe three fourths of the width of the tree, since the back is against a corner. I got red and gold balls with different glitter and velvet designs on them (8 of each) but I clearly need 6 - 8 more (I'd like to get some that are red with gold glitter to fit it all together)

 Close up of the balls:

All lined up and paired on the piano:

This is the champagne "Our First Christmas" ornamnet I got DH last year. It seemed like a fitting ornament, since we used to go on wine trails together.

The tree in process (notice the multiple step ladders!)

A close up:

 Also while out, I bought DH a little gift and Sophie a gift that's already in her stocking (a green and white stuffed squeeker bone with a pawprint on it - since every time we take her to Petco, she begs for a squeeker toy!)


Some other decorated places:

Close up of the shelf:

Our pony wall:

Our table:

It's been flurrying almost every day and random times lately (never expected on weather channels) and today just as I was about to decorate the porch, it startd snowing. I ran out there and decorated what I could before my hands started to freeze, then watched the snow fall for a while:


I got quite a bit sick today while out shopping, so I decided to pick up some B6 vitamins and see if they help out. Besides being sick for about a half hour or so, I felt pretty good. Being outside always helps make the morning sickness fade. If only it wasn't so cold all the time!

 My belly feels a bit bigger. Not noticable to other people, but my hand seems to have a subconscious magnet to my lower belly that is slowly getting a harder as it grows. I'm getting excited to start feeling more, along with my ultrasound in about two weeks.

 I'm also hoping that by Christmas (when I'm around 13 weeks) that the sickness will be mostly gone. I keep thinking of some amazing desserts to make for Christmas that I'm really hoping to be able to fulfill. I miss baking. I used to bake pies, cookies and cakes almost every day and I haven't done a single one for almost two months!

Also, I used to think Chik Fil A was nice for being closed on Sundays like old Christian businesses used to. NO LONGER! I almost cried in Target when I was reminded that it was closed, just as I was thinking of eating yummy chicken and pickles. I had to find a place that wasn't as satisfying as my major craving for Chik Fil A would have been. My stomach was very dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment