Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

11w, 6d

Well, at one day shy of turning 12 weeks, I had hoped that by now the sickness may have abated. I even mentioned to my husband last night about how I hadn't thrown up in about three days.

 I spoke too soon.

 Today I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to get some things done around the house. With only a little over a week until Christmas, I finally put up our artificial tree (though half of it still needs to be fluffed - fake needles seem to be sharper than real ones - and there's no decorations on it yet). I wanted to clean up my normal living area, which I admit has begun to collect half of the dishes we own. Well, it turns out they were left a little too long, because as soon as my stomach realized what I was looking at, it started heaving - and refused to stop. I threw up, then stupidly tried to fetch a few more dishes and two minutes later, was throwing up again. Add a few more times apparently just from my stomach remembering that I dared to touch some dishes, and you have me, crying in frustration in a dirty house with sore stomach muscles that weren't feeling too hot to begin with.

 Seriously? This was the week that all the books say the sickness is supposed to fade. I was supposed to be getting better.

 I want to bake! I want to make Christmas cookies and pies!

 I want to make a big ham ahead of time and make ham sandwiches out of them - I've been craving them for days!

 So why does my body insist on continuing to hold me back? Tis the season, stomach! Leave me be for a little while so I can catch up with the merriment of the holiday.

 I sort of dread going to my ultrasound on Monday. I'm supposed to drink 40 oz of water beforehand. How am I going to be driven a half hour away while chugging water and NOT throw up? I don't think I'm going to make it. There's a reason why they say not to drink during labor - why do they make you do it when you're going through the sick times?

 I can't help but be frustrated. I've now been sick for 9 weeks! NINE! And the worse is that the sickness likes to tease me. It'll give me a good day, or let me wake up and have a great morning, and then come back in vengence.

 I've been exhausted lately, more than usual which is also confusing because I thought second trimester gives you energy - so shouldn't I be getting more awake the closer I get to the second trimester, instead of getting more and more tired? I took a nap yesterday for almost three hours! I could barely keep my eyes open for hours before that.

 Well, I think my pathetic puke rant is over now. Back to tree fluffing (or a little nap)/

2 comments:

  1. You are your mother's daughter...wasn't she sick for a long time with the kids? You have her sciatica, why not the stomach? :/ Hopefully you feel better soon...if you need me to bring cookies so you n Bill aren't deprived, let me know. I'm already making enough for a small army to help my mom out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's not so much that I want to eat the cookies as much as baking. I used to bake every single day...I just miss it! lol

    With Tommy, she was sick for a long time. With the rest of them, they mainly tapered off by now and usually she didn't get it so early like I did. So I'm a bit worse! Definitely have her sciatica problem though. I'm actually getting it on both sides now - I wasn't even aware that was possible. It's the worst on my right, but my left starts acting up once in a while now too. Blah.

    ReplyDelete