It seems like half of my days are like severe nesting days, and the others couldn't be further from it (hence why there's so much dirty house to go clean-crazy over!). Today I'm cleaning up the house all over. In the last two hours, I cleaned the bathroom (after Dh cleaned it twiced, just to make sure), took the old sheets off the bed and found new ones to put on, put three loads of laundry in and out, folded laundry, mopped the floor, vaccuumed in the nursery and bedroom and shampooed the nursery rug twice. I'm actually obsessed with shampooing the rug! My MIL got us a small rug shampooer for Christmas, which was what we were going to go get next week because I want that rug spotless by the time we buy baby furniture! The carpet is so dirty thanks to Sophie, and the water is still coming out dark brown in most places, but the stains are lifting up really well. It's really looking cleaner now than it ever has (not to mention smelling so much nicer), it just needs to be gone over a time or two where everyone walks yet. I'm eager to continue shampooing until the water comes back clean! I'm pretty excited. lol
I just feel like I need to get every room spotless today. I even want to soak my dog in a bathtub for a good few hours because of how bad she smells (at least to me). Unfortunately, my body does not feel this need. I already need a nap and I've been dry heaving and dizzy. Since I'm not yet brave enough to tackle all of the dirty dishes, I'm taking a rest for now before continuing on. Since DH has off today, I may try and drag him downstairs with me and help me with all the dishes and pots. I'd love to make Chicken Parm today, if only I had some kitchen space, dishes and utensils, and a stomach for it.
But for now, nap time.
No comments:
Post a Comment