Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 9, 2010

11 weeks

Hello, 11 weeks!

 Baby is now the size of a lime, roughly 1 1/2 inches long. The kidneys are functioning, the teethbuds are appearing, fingers and toes are individual and no longer webbed, and is now almost fully formed.  The bones are starting to harden, and is kicking and stretching effortlessly. Hiccups are now occuring. Doesn't that all sound amazing? I think so.

 On my end though, not so much. This past week has been the hardest for me. While most people have either passed morning sickness or feel it going away, I'm throwing up more than ever - at least once or twice on a good day, and much more on the more frequent bad days. I'm quite worried that because it's getting worse still, I'll keep it through the pregnancy, which really isn't an option. I'm already going crazy! One night over a week ago, DH came home to me crying just because I was neverending in feeling so terrible. I just couldn't stand it anymore and started breaking down. It's been eight weeks of every day, all day sickness! I'm really crossing my fingers that it starts going away.

 I was able to make a double batch of pizza yesterday. Making the dough early in the morning was fine, but once the dough had risen two and a half hours later, I was almost too sick to do anything with it. It took a good two hours of forming and creating the personal pan pizzas (I made about 12) and cook them, moving slowly and trying to keep down the sickness the whole way.

 Ever since I first became pregnant (about two weeks before I knew I was) I craved beer so badly. I have no idea why, especially since most women have an adversion to anything alcoholic, and I never really enjoyed beer ever before. But it was one of those crazy things that happened as soon as pregnancy hit. Yesterday I bought some non-alcohol beer just to finally calm that craving. It actually hit the spot perfectly and after just drinking one, the craving, after about 9 - 10 weeks of having it, has faded away.

So much is happening this month. Every day I run down a list of what's going on this month just to remember it all. I need bloodwork done this week to send to my doctor's. Then the Ultrasound and more bloodwork on the 20th. Christmas eve and Christmas shortly after that, where our plans are still uncertain on what we're doing. Then there's my doctor appointment two days after Christmas, before which I need to figure out which doctor or midwife I want to stick with, and starting to go shopping for baby.

 DH had to take a few days off of work two weeks ago because his knee gave out on him, which put us behind financially. Unfortunately, since I didn't want to be late on Christmas stuff, I dug into my baby spending fund for our Christmas decorations. Now I'm in a race to replace it so that we still have extra money for when we go shopping for baby. I'm overly excited to buy a crib, diaper changer, and basically everything. I can't wait to see the nursery filled up! I've even been asking DH to take the extra dresser out of the room just so I could picture where everything is going better! I think I'm more excited for after-Christmas than actual Christmas itself, which would definitely be a first.

 I do really want to keep our Christmas tree forever though. I adore the smell. It's so fresh and clean and it keeps the whole house smelling lovely. I'd love to buy pine trees and grow them in the house in pots just to keep this smell! Maybe that's a bit overboard....but natural fresh smell is so much better than any sprays or candles that make me sick anyway.

 So enough about Christmas (since I've had multiple posts about that) and here's some new belly pictures. My stomach is continuing to get bigger and harder as my uterus expands (now the size of a large grapefruit!) and my waist is starting to disappear! (Along with those things growing, once again, I need to go bra shopping. I'm already popping out of my new ones. I'm one step away from being a Dcup already! Ack!)







No comments:

Post a Comment