Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 weeks!

My last week of first trimester is here!

I've been looking up pictures of what baby looks like now. It's quite developed! The teeth are all formed, baby's learning new movements, and apparently is now urinating inside me...

 I love the counter picture to the right of this post, where it says Jill is 12 weeks...it shows the belly popped out! The body is basically exactly how mine looks right now. The little hard bump that's there when I lie down seems to be growing a bit. It's no longer bloat, but baby!

I've noticed lately that another difference in my body (what isn't different??) are my lips. Not only are they always very chapped no matter what kind of chapstick or such that I put on them, (or how many glasses of water I drink)  but they're looking much fuller. They feel pretty odd now!

Just three days until the ultrasound! I can't wait to see baby again. Not looking forward to getting two blood works done in the same week though.

I'm getting some interesting cravings now. I love frozen seasoned fries and wedges, I want sharp cheddar cheese again, fish sticks (which I've always hated!) and I LOVE jalepenos! I want to fill my whole freezer with Friendly's cream cheese frozen jalepeno bites. They're delicious!

  DH gave me some wonderful news today! I was a bit worried if we'd have money to spend on the baby sales that are starting in two weeks, and he said by then, we should have a nice $900 budget to spend on the crib, diaper changer, pack and play, and anything else I can squeeze in there! I was blissfully happy, because my MIL keeps sending me cheap cribs off of craigslist. Ever since I did research that talks about how used cribs can be repainted or restained by previous users with nonbaby safe paints and stains, or have unsafe screws that aren't the correct ones, I've been wanting only a new one. Which I don't think is unreasonable, since the furniture we get now will serve for all the babies we have. Might as well get something with quality and sturdiness now so that it lasts throughout the years with our others.

 I can't wait to decorate the nursery! I know it may seem premature to set the whole thing up during the early second trimester weeks, but I don't think that I'll be able to help myself once I have the boxes here I won't be able to help myself!

Seeing that Christmas is almost here, I figured I should put up my artificial tree finally! It took me almost all day yesterday between figuring out the branches and how to set them up so that it looked like a full tree, but so that it fit nicely into the corner. Fluffy out all the branches was the most tedious part and took me forever - the fake needles were scratching up my whole arms, and my sickness kept triggering from all the bending and standing. After that was finally done, I got out the lights. Sophie loved this part! She was so excited to help that she wound up sliding underneath some of the lights.



 We lit up the tree, added some ball ornaments and the skirt. Once it was done, Sophie didn't like it as much. She soon realized that this tree had taken up her entire corner that she loves to lay in, and that she couldn't even crawl underneath it. Instead of going to the other corner by our closet (about three feet away), she tucked her back feet and some of her butt underneath the tree and curled up around the rest of the tree to sleep. She must always have her way! She claimed that corner a long time ago and she's not giving it up for any silly tree that she can't even eat.



 It's been snowing here almost every day, and Sophie's been loving it!


 Here are the weekly pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment