Is it only Sunday?? Feels like the last few days have been so long. Maybe it's because I haven't slept well in days. Sophie has been acting up lately and likes to surprise jump us on the bed continually all night long, and then try to cling onto the bed when I grab her by the collar and pull her off. Having to do this over and over through the night was leaving me with no sleep, (also, no idea where she got the notion that she's allowed on the bed - it's always been a strict no no) so I started putting her in her cage at night. There, she rams the cage so it makes a huge amount of squeeky metal noises while she whines that I still can't get to sleep. Seems like ever since I became pregnant, I went from being a very deep sleeper to a very light one. It doesn't help that I get annoyed by everything at night - my husband and dog snoring together, or just both of them breathing deeply, the rain pelting against the windows last night was enough to keep me up for two hours, the drip drip drip of the water in the radiators also annoy me to no end. I sleep far away from my phone now because heaven forbid if I finally get to sleep and someone wakes me up!
Speaking of morning, it seems like that's the only time I start to get some sleep. Around 7 am, I'm able to fall asleep. And that's when Sophie starts getting really rambuncuous and wants to be let out/eat/run around/jump on the bed, or lately, try to break out of her cage (she has succeeded in doing this with her paws) or just turn it over (haven't done this yet, but she gets some of the cage off of the floor.) She seems to be going through a lot of changes since I became pregnant. She acts different, and she has all my symptoms. Lately I've been throwing up so much that she must think she should do it too - she's twice thrown up right next to me while I was (which of course, made everything worse for me!) She sleeps more than ever, she's become possessive with certain things (she loves our spare bed we use for friends - she no longer allows them to sleep on it though while she's around - she lays down on it and refuses to get off and will just keep jumping right back on it if taken off) , and tries to take over our own bed. She loves to snuggle up with my pregnancy pillow while I'm asleep, which upsets me to no end - I have to keep washing it to get all the hair out!
But she's become much more cuddly too. She enjoys taking naps with me on the sofa, or just laying against me or over my lap. She begs for attention more, wants to be petted and asks for belly rubs much more often. It seems like she knows a baby is coming, and she wants to make sure she's still important and we're not forgetting about her.
Either way, I'm hoping to get more sleep! I moved her cage into the nursery today, where once in a while she tries to potty on the carpet. I figure putting her cage there will both help me with sleep and keep her from wanting to potty anywhere near the place she sleeps. But she's never been a normal dog, so who knows. I guess we'll see how it pans out through the night. I'd move her all the way downstairs, but I know she'd cry like crazy and, if she managed to escape again, all of our Christmas decorations are down there so she can't be trusted.
I've been having quite a bit of abdomen pains lately. All the books say that this is the week my uterus starts leaving from behind my pelvic bone and ascends upwards, and I think that must be what I'm feeling (ouch). I also feel like I'm starting to puff out a bit more, but not with just bloat. The bottom feels harder now. It's also already uncomfortable to lay on my stomach. Not painful, just odd feeling and discomfort. I now prop up my stomach with my pregnancy teddy bear, which helps a lot - I can sort of lay on my belly, but not full on so that it feels bad.
I went bra shopping again yesterday. Turns out I'm now a D instead of a C (it felt so good to be settled properly into a bra instead of squeezing or being too loose!). I was actually pretty upset by the size though - I was really hoping to not grow too much in this pregnancy so that I could have room for growth during the others. I was so distracted by it that I completely forgot to also pick up an extra box of Christmas lights for the tree while I was there. So now our poor tree still has a completely dark bottom, and is lacking an extra set of Christmas balls. Well, that's pregnancy brain for you!
Last night I thought we were going to the Olive Garden, but really we stepped into Pregnancy Paradise. I haven't eaten like that in months! I couldn't get enough of the all you could eat salad - it was the most delicious thing I've tasted in so long. I had at least 6 bowls, and then took the rest home! My husband was so amazed because I kept asking for more, and said that he's never seen me eat like that! The breadsticks amazed me - they were perfectly salted! I LOVE salt right now, so this was a huge deal. They were served hot, steaming, well buttered and with the perfect amount of salt. Dh got all you can eat soup with his meal, which I ate half of each bowl he ordered. It was some kind of spinach gnocci soup that was delicious as well. We had to wait for a table for a good 40 minutes before seating, but once we ordered, the food literally came out under five minutes. Which was good, because after waiting 40 minutes, I was feeling faint and sick. As soon as we sat down, our drinks were delivered along with breadsticks and salad. Neither of us could save room for our meal or even the appetizers, because the salad, soup and breadsticks were just perfect. I took home my entire appetizer (sliced bread dipped in hot artichoke and spinach dip) and almost my entire meal of cheese ravioli. (Definitely not what I planned to order, but once we got there I craved sauce so badly and was caught suddenly between Italian spaghetti or ravioli.) Dh got what I was originally going to get - Chicken Marsala, which looked yummy but by the time it came, I couldn't bare to taste. I really wanted the desserts they offered as well since they looked amazing and chocolate-y, but it was just too much food. I had an amazing time - it's definitely my restaurant of choice from now on! Nothing there made me sick and all that I ate was healthy and fresh, plus I have loads of leftovers to dine on today. It was heavenly.
I ate so much though that I was sick the moment the car started moving, and even though we were only about three blocks away from Motherhood Maternity store, I just couldn't move anymore. It was quite a journey just getting me home in one piece!
No comments:
Post a Comment