Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 1, 2011

A first thanksgiving and beyond!

I know, I know - its been a while since I posted anything! It's not because I'm bored of this, I swear. It's just that I kept starting blog posts, then not finishing them, and then they'd become too outdated to post. So I'm going to attempt to sum up how things are going.

Katie had her first thanksgiving last week. She did surprisingly well and let me eat almost my whole dinner. This year we went to my mom's house, and Katie loves her little aunt and uncles so she behaves really well there usually. To think, last year I spent the day traveling nearly two miles, throwing up the entire way, and then barely getting to eat (possibly how I'll be again next year!)

The day after, Katie had a busy day. She met her great uncle, her second cousins and Santa all at once! Poor Katie waited and waited for Santa and suffered through three outfits changes. Then when I finally convinced him to come see her, she instantly fell asleep! Oh well, she saw him for a little while!

We got katies first Christmas tree on Sunday! It's the earliest ive ever decorated but I was too excited to wait. We got a perfectly plump tree that Katie, my sister and I decorated along with the rest of downstairs. I LOVE having a tree in the house! It makes all of downstairs glow and the whole place seem more cheerful. I love Christmas! I keep wanting to wrap Katie's gifts but I want to see if I can find any pink paper first.

This Sunday, Katie will be meeting more family for the first time. Her oldest uncle will be visiting from South Carolina. The last time I saw him was two years ago - so much has changed for both of us since then!

Today I was frustrated (for the third day) at the lack of neat ornaments for baby girls first Christmas. I was looking for pink and princessy. Nothing! And disney's semi ok but badly reviewed one was way too much. So, I made one myself. I made salt dough and made one with Katie's handprint, one with Katie's footprint, and two large princess decorations for her room. I'm thinking about making more Christmas ones, it was fun!

KatieKate is awake and crying, so I'll have to finish later!

No comments:

Post a Comment