Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, November 18, 2011

Katieness

I read about how Katie is supposed to be going from vowel sounds to incorporating condo stew I to her vocabulary now. I first noticed this happening yesterday when I actually paid attention tO her crazy noises and listened to what she was able to say. She does have condo area working in there, mainly G, N and W so far, but it's really interesting to hear what she's learned. Before it was all ooooo ehhhh ahhhh and now she's working on building words and shaping her mouth to say these things. She also smiles when I say her name or when she hears it in a song I'm singing.

Unfortunately, she's becoming more mobile! I enjoy her little blob self, but apparently that doesn't satisfy her. She can plant her feet and arch her legs, back and shoulders a few inches off the floor, she can lift her head, neck and shoulders off the floor, and she can roll a bit. The rolling is what scares me!

I'm planning on making her a tag blanket when I can get to Walmart next. I found a cute pink fleece pattern and Beauty and the beast ribbon there last time. I think she's at an age that she'll begin enjoying taggie things. There's so much that I need to get though! I have to find like 20lbs of poly pellets that won't cost me a fortune. Most places have 1lb for 6.50$! Joanns is supposed to have them for a little over a dollar but I never get down that way. I'm eager to experiment with making weighted blankets, especially bc the blankets I'm using for it are soo soft!

At the worst time of the year, Bill's work is shutting down all overtime for the month. Of course, when we need to go buy a tree, a tree topper and Christmas gifts they cut off our extra money! We'll be doing lots of budgeting and skimping over the next month so we can still get our Christmas stuff. At least it means Bill will be home for the best month of the year!

I have to keep putting all of my favorite Katie clothing away as she's growing out of them in rapid speed. One of my favorite sleepers is being used for the last time on her today as its too small now. I got out all of her clothes from 9-12m for her to wear. The smallest she can wear now is 6-9m.

Katie's nursery is getting delightfully pinker. I look at it and wonder what I would have done if my first born had been a boy (probably would have needed lots of therapy later! Lol) I adore all the girly stuff! I can't wait until after Christmas, when she'll have even more pink and girl things to add. Or when we convert our hobby room into Katie's toddler room. I already have the whole thing mapped out.

I so wanted to have a name for the next baby girl before getting pregnant, but it doesn't look like I will. Im totally stuck on one name, and it's a name Bill hates. We do, however have a first name for if we have a third girl (as I'm determined to not use it until then) but that doesn't help us now. Lol. I keep coming up with reasons why my name makes so much sense as our next daughter, but he isn't sold yet. Sometimes I think I see him wavering, but he also has good comebacks as well! Oh well, we'll figure something out eventually...right?

Boys will probably be easier to name.

No comments:

Post a Comment