We took her to midnight chirch on Christmas Eve. The church was beautifully decorated with trees and lights. Katie actually let me sit inside the mass for longer than two minutes. In fact, we sat in on the choir and then half of the mass before she woke up and had to move out to the mother's area. Bill went with us, and we ended up listening to the rest of the mass and singing songs on the sofa they have in there. We also finally got a meeting date for our first catacysm class, even though the rest of the students are already over half way through their lessons. It doesn't matter too much - either Katie gets baptized in the spring or we wait another year and she can be baptized with the next baby.
Even though Christmas is technically over, Katie and I are still making the most of it. We're slowly opening her toys, we play around the tree, and we still have all of our lights lit and our stockings full. I'm not ready to let go of the holiday season yet! My inlaws take down their tree on Christmas night. Here, we keep it up and shining for as long as it lets us! (Or, at least into the New Year!) I love the way the house looks with a Christmas tree. Next year, if we have the funds for it, I plan on putting up our artificial tree and buying pink lights for it and princess ornmaments.
There was, of course, many many pictures taken over the last weekend. Here are some of them:
Trying Katie's first pigtails on Christmas Eve Eve:
Fast Asleep after some Christmas Eve partying:
After coming home from Midnight Mass, we put all the gifts under the tree:
Katie's stocking
Playing with her first doll. She loves the big eyes, the hands, and the hair!
Some of the gifts I got: a cast iron pan, a new skillet, a big pan and grillet, and an awesome set of knives (I played with cutting carrots into the smallest slivers for a good two hours!)
Playing with ribbon and bows
Our pretty girls:
Smiling up at her daddy:
No lie, she kept trying to play with Belle over and over. She obviously knows that Belle is already her favorite princess.
No comments:
Post a Comment