Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 2, 2011

5 MONTHS!

Wow, it's the 2nd today! I totally nearly missed that Katie is FIVE MONTHS OLD today! Time is just flying by.

I was looking at her newborn pictures yesterday as I'm putting together an order for Shutterfly, and I can't believe how different she looks already. Her face in general looks like a little kid with distinguishing features. Her hair is at least twice the length and twice the curliness. And she's just SO tall now! She's grown over an inch every month so far, and doubled and a half her weight. Five months doesn't seem like an eternity for most, for me it is - Katie already seems so old!

I adore how much joy she finds in everything. There's nothing quite like playing with a 4/5 month old where everything is so exciting and fun. Now that she's using her hands more, can see things better, and can understand things, she's just delighted at such simple things. It's fun to re-explore the world through an infant's eyes.

It's just a shame she can grasp the idea of Christmas yet, or she'd go crazy in excitement. Next year, she's going to be my little Christmas princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment