18 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!
I can't wait to make Christmas tree cupcakes and a baby Jesus cake (I'd love to get gumpaste and make an actual baby Jesus for it.) I also have lots of Christmas cookies to make, since I promised my little brother. I need to get my hands on cookie cutters though! I don't think he wants his Christmas cookies to be all in the shape of hearts!
For some reason, Katie looks like she went from baby to little kid over the last few days. I keep saying she barely looks like a baby now! She knows how to do so much, she's doing lots of baby babble and her face is just so different from months ago.
She also got really light colored hair now. It keeps showing up as gold blonde for the last 3-4 days. I think it's really getting light now.
I was starting to get a bit worried about April these past few weeks, as that's when we're supposed to start ttc. I figured with everyone I know either having a brand new baby, finding out they're pregnant, or finding out the gender of their baby lately that I'd be like "awww, I want another!" oddly enough I haven't been at all. Not even tempted by little newborn babies or the excitement of pregnancy. I've been relieved that it's not me! Which was worrying as i want to set up Katie with a close sibling. However, a few days ago Bill was being a jokester as usual and he came up and put his hand on my belly and said in such a tender, sweet voice "hello, new baby." I knew he said it only to panic me, but it did the opposite. I finally felt something good, some anxiousness for when that does happen. And now that we have two solid names for a baby girl or boy (plus a few backup names) I feel more ready. Not so ready as to try next month (like Bill does so be can get his Libra) but by April I should have that want back, especially with how fast Katie is growing up! She hardly resembles my little baby now! April is only 4 months away already!
It's the simplest things Katie does that I know I'm going to be sad when she stops. Katie loves for me to sleep with her right now because she gets night terrors. So when I'm nursing her to sleep, she often reached out and holds my finger, or sometimes grabs a fistful of my shirt to ensure that I can't slip away when she falls asleep. I also love when she tries to wipe the sleep from her eyes with the back of her chubby starfish hands. It's so adorable the way she does it. It's neat to see her not only noticing her hands, but to be capable of controlling them now. She hasn't slapped herself in the face and then blamed it on me for a while! She has no real interest in her toes, however.
I discovered today that Katie's nose is the perfect, exact shape of a crispy cereal piece in Count Chocula. Even Bill agreed it was!
We got more fish yesterday as some of ours from our very first batch had died about a month ago. Katie loves all the new additions, she can sit there an watch the fish swim up to her for hours. I bought some Mickey ear fish too, just to add a little Disney in the tank for her.
I'll add pictures later.
No comments:
Post a Comment