Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dog land

Bill nearly broke his finger last night after a 100 pound jig box fell on it and very nearly needed stitches. So he took the day off today to give it a little time to heal. Since its a Wednesday, we decided to pack the family up and take Sophie to her doggy social. It changed a lot in the last four months! They changed the location so now there's lots of room. Where there used to only be 8-10 dogs, tonight there was at least 20. Katie loved it! She woke up in the store, she must have thought she woke up in doggy land! She cooed and giggled the whole time we were there and half the owners came up to coo at our baby and our dog. (everyone adores Sophie there, and Sophie knows it!)

I've been working on a craft idea for a few days now. It's a knitted tube scarf with fleece ends for my sister. I was doing pretty well, had about 25 rows on it, until tonight. Why? Well, Katie was whining and telling me she didn't want me to knit. I said "just let me finish this row, there's only a few stitches left!" She obviously wasn't waiting around second in line for that crap, because she kicked my needle as hard as she could. Not only did it fall out of my hand, but I lost most of the stitches. So guess who's working on row #2 again?

I now have most of Katie's first birthday party planned (of course I even have the cake sketched out!) I know quite a few people with little kids (or will have little kids) that will hopefully want to come and even though katie won't remember it (as I keep hearing over and over) she'll still enjoy the day. And I need an excuse to make cake. So...it's happening! Her first birthday is the only one she may get for a few years as I may have a tiny baby for her second birthday and be incapable of pulling it off. Of course, there's still the danger of me havin morning sickness and being pregnant on her birthday. In that case, I may need reinforcements.

I got all but 1 gift wrapped for Christmas now. The last one I'm still working on. Hopefully tomorrow I can do a trial run of some new cookie recipes before having to crank out the 14 dozen needed by the 21st. I miss baking, haven't managed it in weeks (even with new supplies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment