I wrapped Katie's Christmas gifts yesterday in white mistletoe wrapping paper that I got on sale. I actually enjoyed wrapping them, which is a big deal as I usually hate wrapping gifts.
Well then today, don't you know, I find EXACTLY the wrapping paper I've been searching for for the last two months. A princess PINK Christmas wrapping paper. SERIOUSLY?? I bought it anyway, and I thought maybe I could take her gifts out and use that wrapping paper for Bill's gifts and rewrap Katie's in the pink. But no, I couldn't. I had a big "moment" last night while wrapping them. It was the very first time I wrapped a gift for Katie and put her name on it. I've dreamt of wrapping a daughter's gift with the name of Katie on it for so long. And I finally did. I can't undo that for pink paper that Katie won't notice anyway.
I'll probably put it away for next Christmas instead. She'll recognize it then anyway.
We made more salt dough ornaments yesterday. We captured Katie's handprint again and even got Sophie's paw print on one. I then made flour paint and painted katie's handprint pink. Which was difficult as I had to paint with a spoon and I griped about it. This morning Bill went out for milk and he brought me home some paint brushes! (and Oreos, I love Oreos...)
It's now two weeks before Christmas. It's actually going by too fast, once it's over it's depressing that it takes a whole year to come back again! But next years will be a lot of fun, with an 18 month old and perhaps another on the way. So much can change in one year!
No comments:
Post a Comment