This morning Katie got her high chair. We woke up early (sorta...I couldn't get out of the bed for an hour after waking, it was like my bones liquified!) and went to Babies R Us. Last week we went there are were told that my favorite high chair was being restocked on Wednesday. So today we go down, no high chairs. We called over an assistant and asked if they were still in the back, thinking if they were just off the truck, then maybe they didn't have time to restock them yet. But she scanned them and said no, not only are they not here, there were none ordered and their computer said to replace that high chair with something else as they probably won't be getting more at all! This, despite that they just put up a big Animal Krackers display case showing the swing, high chair, bouncer, etc just this week. Walmart and target doesnt carry it at all. Well, since I had wanted the high chair for Christmas and didn't want to fool around waiting even longer, we went with Bill's choice. It was more expensive and did a million things (it seats two kids at once, a toddler and a baby) but since we had $20 left on a gift card from the baby shower and I had a 20% off coupon, the high chair was then the same price as the one we wanted to get. So in the end we got a better high chair for the price of the one that was just a basic high chair that just matched the swing.
So we got it home, had it assembled in ten minutes, and put Katie in it. She loved it, surprisingly. It let's her sit up and play with toys, plus she can now be right next to me at the counter watching me cook, which she enjoys. She's not fond of the strapped in part, but she hates being strapped in to anything.
The high chair was bought now originally because the swing needs to get put away soon as she's reaching the weight limit, and so she can be more content sitting outside of my arms. I hadn't planned on feeding her anything for a month of two yet, but today she ended up eating anyway, which she loved! I fed her some liquidy mashed potatoes from the stewy pot dinner I made of green beans, potatoes, ham and mashed potatoes. She really liked tasting something different. It took her a few times to understand how to keep it in her mouth, but she kept opening her mouth and trying to grab my hand to shove more in! I'm going to get her some Cheerios to play around with and see how she does with the potatoes. I'd like to start her on yogurt, as I heard a few recurring cases of baby yeast going away once yogurt was introduced into their diet. If I can never have us get yeast again, I'll be very happy!
I took video and pics of her eating, I'll have to add those later.
No comments:
Post a Comment