She's still doing very well, we went to the doctor's yesterday and she's 11.3 lbs and looks good. Since the two of us has had thrush for the last week, I had her checked out and she's getting better. I dread the next appointment though, where she'll be getting multiple shots! It kills me to hear her crying in any kind of pain or fear.
Her swing isn't working as well anymore, she's getting bored with it quickly. She'll sit in there for a few minutes while making "I'm not happy!!" noises, but that's it. A bit disappointing, since that's the only thing she used to like! I got a mirror out for her and she does stay pretty fascinated with that for a few minutes as long as there's things moving in the backround of it. I think she's still a bit young to really care. She's just in that awkward stage where she needs more interaction and things that hold her interest than a newborn, but she's still too young to play with any toys or really understand what she's looking at to take interest in. She does love people's faces. Well, I know she likes mine, because I make bunches of silly faces that make her smile and laugh, and she stays pretty interested when Bill does silly faces to her. Doesn't seem to work as well for other people though, especially not the doctor!
Katie has made a best friend already, which makes her smile every single time she sees it. She LOVES the bedroom ceiling fan. No other fan will do for her, it has to be the ceiling fan. I'll walk into the bedroom with her screaming, then lay her on the bed. As soon as she looks up and sees the fan, she stops crying and smiles!
She's sleeping at night a little better. Generally she'll go 3-4 hours without waking up, then need to eat, then go back to sleep for another 3 hours. Well, those are how the good nights go. Last night I didn't really get any sleep and we ended up sleeping through the whole morning. But for the last week or so, she's been following the 3-4 hour pattern.
My appetite is finally increasing a little bit. I'm not sure if that's because we got to eat out over this weekend or if it's because Bill and I were eating together, but something had me eating more normal portions again through the weekend.
Here's some pictures of when Katie first learned how to really smile:
Her long, curly hair:
No comments:
Post a Comment