Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Apointment and Tutus

I had my 6 week check up yesterday. It didn't go quite as well as I hoped, and for some reason I was very surprised that I didn't just sail through it. I guess I haven't been awake or conscious enough to actually think about what's going on with me, so I didn't think there was actually anything wrong, even though I'd complain of things hurting and didn't want anything/one getting near that area from pain. Apparently there's a spot on the inside that had torn open a bit, but not enough to stitch. It overhealed itself, to wear instead of just closing up, it created a seam that sticks out. There's also a skin flap that covered the seam a bit - so all this made things super painful. When the midwife examined me, I nearly went through the roof from the searing pain - I expected my first check up to be painful, but not so painful that it felt like I was in labor again! Yikes.

The midwife said I could try to wait it out and see if it would possibly go away on it's own after a while, or she could put silver nitrate on it to burn it away. Since I was having a lot of pain with it, I didn't want to wait and see - that could take months. I had her use the silver nitrate, but I was nearly in tears as soon as she put it on - it was like being permanently in the ring of fire stage of delivery - for the rest of the day! It hurt so badly! I'm hoping that because it hurt so much, it worked. In two weeks I have to go back for another check up. If it's still there, she's sending me to my doctor to discuss options. I'm really hoping it's gone!

Since I was in a lot of pain and sorta down/worried, it was nice to see a package on my porch when we got home - Katie's tulle to make tutus with. As soon as she fell asleep that night, I grabbed some warm homemade cookies, put the tv on and sat there making tutus for two hours. They came out pretty well, though Katie's sorta engulfs her. I made hers a bit big around the waist so that she wouldn't grow out of it too quickly (seeing that she grows so much!) so hopefully it'll still fit her when she's able to sit up and be more willing to wear things.

Today has been an odd day - I didn't really sleep much last night and neither did Katie, so we've been sorta drifting in and out of naps all day. We finally feel pretty awake now, but it's 9:30 PM. hmm...maybe that wasn't a good idea!


For some reason, I think she looks a lot like me (as a baby)
 in these two pictures where she's upset:








Katie has the longest blonde eyelashes I've ever seen. I tried to take
a picture of them here. Bill has super long, curly eyelashes too:


No comments:

Post a Comment