Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 27, 2011

8 weeks old

This is the 200th post! It's crazy to think 200 posts ago, Katie was only a dream and hope I had, crossing my fingers for her every month and facing multiple negative pregnancy tests.

Now she's 8 weeks old, sitting in my lap and laughing as she watches me eat (she thinks chewing is hilarious!) How wonderful is that?! I have my precious little baby I always wanted and I'm so in love with her. My entire life has been revolving around her and I love every moment. She's the biggest joy.

Katie already loves the camera. She now not only stares at it and smiles, but she follows it with her eyes and head - I have a video of her looking side to side following the camera carefully over and over.

She also smiles at herself in the mirror, something she just started doing today. As soon as she saw herself there, she has the biggest smile!

She also loves Blue's Clues. Last night she was upset so I looked up some music videos to sing with her, but she loved watching the videos. So I put a blues clues one on and she was more excited than I've ever seen her! She smiled, laughed, kicked her legs and waved her arms and had a great time. I played it about three times for her before taking her upstairs and turning on blues clues on netflix on our big screen tv (It made steve look life sized!) She loved it,

It's so much fun to see her have opinions on things and decide what she does or doesn't like. She has a mind of her own already!

She got a little hurricane rain on her today, since we had to run out and grab some supplies to be ready for Irene. We grabbed sand, water and some food for a few meals I've been planning. The rain couldn;t make up it's mind - it would go from nothing to pouring to nothing again within a minute and then start again. Since the stores were filled with people, Katie - as usual - got lots of attention! But being  the good girl that she is, she fell asleep in both stores we went to, (She started to cry in Lowes, but quickly stopped and laid her head down and just went to sleep. She's so well behaved when we're out - she never hesitates to cry long and loud at home!

reorganized Katie's shelves:


Katie 4 days old:


12 days old;


today, 8 weeks old:





Trying to capture her blue eyes:




Napping:



I keep catching Katie looking at me like she's going to beat me up!



No comments:

Post a Comment