Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Shopping

Yesterday when we went out to the store, I realized that Katie is such a good baby!

We're used to going to the store at midnight or so, because it's much easier - no one else is there so nothing is crowded and we can get through quicker. But because Bill worked a swing shift yesterday and worked first shift this morning, we had to go early so he could get some sleep.

So we were not used to all of the families and little kids that were there! We passed three different little babies screaming their heads off, not for a moment or two but for long periods. One small baby screamed so long and so loud while the mother looked through eletronics that a manager had to ask her to leave because  over the course of at least fifteen minutes, she never paused in her shopping to tend to the screaming baby in the stroller.

None of these babies looked much older than Katie. I'm so hoping that Katie stays how she is - sometimes when she's really super tired she fusses, but she never cries in a store or when we're out for a walk. Generalyl she just looks around at everything, or stares up at me (I always have her in my sling.) She loves to go out, and she behaves so nicely, even in the car. More often than not, she falls asleep half way through shopping. I received so many comments yesterday on how beautiful and quiet she was!

The other bad thing about going out when there's other people is that people tend to follow me around! Everyone, from old people, to other moms, to teens and kids want to stop me in my shopping so they can look at the baby or ask questions. This is really cute the first time it happens in a trip, because hey, I like showing Katie off. But then it just gets super annoying, and I have to dodge everyone from touching her (especially in grocery stores - not only do they have normal germy hands, but they could have also just been to the raw meat aisle touching that stuff!) I had at least 6-7 people stop me and ask about the baby yesterday. Thankfully no one did touch her, mainly because when I'd get stopped, I'd wrap the sling around her like a blanket (usually I do have a blanket on her, but it was too hot.)

I think until she gets a bit older and people stop caring (everyone coos over the fact that she's a "new baby!", so hopefully that wears off soon as she's growing quite a lot) that I'll wait to do my grocery shopping on days that we can go out at night when there's not such crowds. It helps Katie to sleep at night anyway, so it's a win win!

I'm taking my last pill for thrush today. Seems like that took forever to get through! Our symptoms are long gone thankfully, though I'm still eating yogurt every day and taking probiotics, just to keep a defense against it coming back. I never want to use that genetian violet stuff again - it was so messy it got everywhere, and from just using it twice on me, I still have a stained spot! It also got on one of my favorite outfits for Katie, so I'm a bit upset at that. It's the messiest stuff!

My doctor appointment is this week, on Wednesday. It's supposed to be for my 6 week check up, though I'll be nearly 8 weeks PP by the time I go. I'm hoping everything checks out good. I'm planning on asking them about what's up with my uterus, since I've been getting a lot of stabbing pains there and, from what I understand, it should be shrunk back to it's normal size by now. Maybe it's too much running around or something? I'd also like to ask what their recommendations are for when I can start doing things like crunches. I read some places say after 6 weeks, though others recommend waiting three months. I may have lost the weight, but things are far from firmed up, so I'm eager to start getting my belly area back in shape. I want to see abs again before I go for the next pregnancy! Hopefully this time I can prepare even more for pregnancy by working out and getting into really good shape - I was in good shape last time, and it helped so much in pregnancy, but I hadn't really done anything to get in that good shape. I want to be in even better shape and maybe it'll help me more.

I've also learned that I need to keep a stash of D batteries in the house at all times. Katie's little swing died yesterday (well, the batteries did - and those batteries did quite well, working multiple times a day for 7 weeks) and Katie was NOT happy. As soon as that little swing stopped swinging (while she was napping), her eyes popped open, realized she was still, and started to cry! I tried putting her in the other swing (as that little swing is the only way I can run around to get chores done, go to the bathroom, and take care of Sophie) but she hates that swing for some reason and cried the moment I put her in it. She only wanted her little swing. Thankfully when Bill came home he showed me where the screwdriver and batteries were so it could be fixed, and she was a happy little camper again.

After cleaning out the basement, I discovered that we have another tiny swing that's from Boppy (and the seat is super soft, unlike the one she has). I want to put it together and see how she does, but I'm not sure she'll like it - it's the same size as her favorite swing, but I have no idea what makes her hate the other one either - they both serve the same function!

I think that's about it, nothing much has been happening lately. I need to go do the laundry, since new bedsheets are required - I woke up today to the lovely surprise of a leaky diaper on the bed (and above that, a puddle of breastmik that had done under me and Katie, so we both needed to be changed!) This poor mattress!

I love this first picture: such a cutie!!



I love her little hands:





For some reason, I love this picture:



First time watching Veggie Tales. Her little mind was blown:

1 comment:

  1. Ephraim is watching veggie tales right now! He adores it! :D

    ReplyDelete