I love that she's smiling all the time now. It's easier to interact with her and she's just heartmelting. I'm always torn between just enjoying these cute little moments or interrupting with a camera so they don't just slip away,
Katie's belly button is all healed and normal again. I gave her a bath last night and Bill and I cleaned it out one last time just to make sure it all looked normal. I'm so glad to have the gauze off!
Yesterday was the day we had decided to clean out the basement. I was super excited to have more room - but then this was dampened by the fact that the basement was trying to turn itself into an underhouse pool. It rained so much and so hard that the water was just seeping in through the floor and walls. The basement is made of stone too - which meant the walls got all wet. Instead of getting to sort through things (the light blew out while down there too, so couldn't see half the basement) we were instead trying to get everything in the bad areas up off the floor. Thankfully the back part seemed pretty dry - that's where we have all of our cardboard boxes. It's still raining today, but I hope it's not still leaking in. There's enough puddles!
Katie has become a big fan of being walked. It seems like that's all she wants to do anymore - she doesn't want to swing, or rock, or even eat as much as she wants to be walked to sleep. I'm assuming it's the growth spurt that makes her fussy and have a hard time relaxing to go to sleep, so hopefully next week I won't be up at all hours walking the nursery in circles! I have been finding ways to entertain myself though. Besides thinking about possibilities for the next baby (and testing out baby names on Katie, but that doesn't seem to work well and Katie gives me these "what are you doing now, crazy?" looks!) I've been figuring out how to decorate Katie's toddler room. Hopefully I'll be able to find lots of things to go with her theme and be able to set it all up properly...with how it is in my head, it should look pretty great! Not that I'm going to be doing anything with it for another year or so. I found my old plans on how I was going to decorate that room as my hobby room - I guess I was super short sighted, of course I'd need that room soon! So no more room for setting up a sewing station and writing corner. It'll now be the girly toddler room!
I've decided that I don't like the crib for her right now. I put her in it last night just for a little bit, and she woke up terrified because she was all alone and in the dark and she had no idea where she was. I was in the same room but because she didn't know where she was and I wasn't there, she got so upset. And she tried to fling her arm out, which fell in between the bars, which scared me - if I wasn't there, what if she didn't know how to put her arm back in and ended up hurting herself? So I'm going to save the crib for when she's about 6 months old. For now I'll use her bassinette, which is much safer since it's enclosed, and it's in our bedroom so she can see her ceiling fan and not be scared.
And.....it's raining hard again...oh joy!
Here's some pictures of Katie from last night:
(before she woke up)
She was in a happy mood here:
turning around to watch her ceiling fan:
Right after bath time. In the first picture, she was
listening to Bill's eletric shaver - she was quite
interested in the noise!
They fell asleep like this, holding hands!
This is the adorable little face I woke up to this morning.
She was full of smiles! (I was a little less so, seeing that
it was 6 AM!)
Does she tolerate being swaddled? I know a couple friends who said that was the only way they could get their babies to sleep in the crib, because it makes them feel more secure.
ReplyDeleteHer little faces are so cute!! Tell her to send some of the good baby karma my way!
Nope, she HATES being swaddled. We were told to keep trying to swaddle a baby until she relents...but Katie gets so angry and red faced and manages to break out of it - even on the secure velcro swaddlers (blankets don't stand a chance!) So that doesn't work, though we were hopeful!
ReplyDeleteLol, I'll tell her to!
PS - you should update your blog!