There's nothing new today really. Katie is now a full three weeks old. Three weeks have never gone so fast!! Seems like no matter how much sleep I get (or don't get) I'm always seriously tired every day. I can not get enough sleep!
Slowly (sorta) figuring out how to take care of Katie, Sophie and the house at the same time. It's such a juggle! As soon as Katie takes one of her (usual two daily) deep naps, I run down and get some cleaning done, take care of Sophie, and check on Katie every two minutes because I'm so paranoid with not having her in the same room as me at all times. Today I tried to make dinner, but I was so flustered and was dong so many things at the same time, I'm sure I messed it up. At least I guess I'm getting exercise running up and down the stairs every time I think I might hear Katie fussing! Sophie thinks it's a fun game! Speaking of Sophie, I'm training her how to tip toe around the house when Katie is asleep. I give her a stern look and say Shh!! and she'll stop her noisy, loud gallop and slowly and carefully walk, usually even with her head down to tip toe in or out of the room. She's learning!
Finally saw pictures of Bill as a newborn, and now I'm pretty sure Katie looks a lot like me with Bill's eyes and coloring. I keep thinking that her eyes must turn brown later since she has such a low chance of keeping her blue eyes, but they've gotten lighter, they're no longer the generic slate grey/blue all newborns have. They look light blue now. So who knows? She definitely went from dark brown hair to dirty blonde already, and Katie's skin is very fair, just like Bill's instead of my olive coloring.
Katie is finally big enough to start putting in a few little cutesy outfits. I put her in a little butterfly dress today and gave her a white hairbow, and she looked adorable (not that she cared! She hated her bath today and fought me on getting redressed.) It's so much fun having a girl!
Her little butterfly butt:
She loves lifting her head and checking out her surroundings. She's so curious!
Getting sleepy:
Look at those eyes!
Passed out with exhaustion! My little chubby!
Nearly forgot, I did a few belly pictures. Might be the last time I do them, seeing that my belly is basically back to normal now so there won't really be any change anymore (though I'd love to see my abs again! Still have to wait a few weeks to work on that though.)
No comments:
Post a Comment