Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 18, 2011

16 days PP

Katie has been with us for 16 days now (is that it???) but she seems so much older and like she's been with us for so long. Maybe that's because since she's gotten here, days have become longer. Possibly because instead of running around doing my normal things, I've mostly been reduced to feedings every half hour, changing diapers just as often, and trying to get her to nap and try new things like swings, crib, bassinette, etc.

Last night though was terribly long. She had gas pains that kept her wide awake and cranky all night long. About an hour after Bill left for work (around 6 AM?) I finally got about an hour or so of broken sleep. SOMEHOW that one hour has gotten me super energetic and unable to sleep right now (Katie finally crashed and has been sleeping for a good hour or so on her own.) I so want to sleep, I know it's going to kill me later if I don't because she has a doctor's appointment and then probably another long night ahead of us. But I can't sleep. Instead, I did the laundry, folded and put everything away, cleaned up the bathroom, took care of Sophie, read the instruction manuel for the moby wrap and practiced how to use it, got ready for Katie's bath and ate breakfast. 

My little cuddlebug just woke up, so I guess it's officially too late for that nap. Tears if exhaustion will be close by, I'm sure.

And just because I take them about every two minutes: more pictures of my little sunshine:



She's so tiny in her crib!


Lil' caterpiller:



No comments:

Post a Comment