Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

25 DAYS PP

Nothing much new here. Mainly days mesh together and are much of the same. Except I woke up in a puddle of pee today, never had that happen to me before. Usually I change Katie two or three times a night, but apparently I skipped one last night in my sleepiness. Since she feeds for half the night, she needs diaper changes every two or three hours. Apparently not getting one means she leaks in a big puddle around her. Poor thing though, I didn't realize why she was so fussy this morning. I thought she was just having another one of her grumpy moments, so I kept trying to feed her and go back to sleep, but she kept being upset and crying. Finally, through barely awake eyes I figure she's either gassy or needs a change so I get her up and realize the puddle, and her whole back is wet. I felt so bad! Really wasn't fun either, being half asleep and suddenly running around, needing to grab her new clothes and a diaper, changing and washing her down, stripping the bed, finding new sheets and putting them on while she's still cranky and then finally getting back to nursing her. About five minutes later though, I didn't realize she let go to start falling asleep and I leaked all over her - so I had to change her again!

Obviously after all that, I didn't get back to sleep so there goes my sanity again for today. Though nights haven't been too hard, she's too adorable to really get upset with even through hours of fussiness (sure, I've been frustrated a few times, but it passes so quickly.) And she's not too bad with night times, nursing her and falling to sleep together are becoming easier, and I really enjoy cuddling with her. She seems to enjoy it too, lately when she's full she lets go and cuddles into me, then closes her eyes and goes to sleep. Haven't managed to get her into her own bed yet though. Generally I'll put her in it and she'll lay there for just enough time for me to ALMOST fall asleep, then cries to get out. Usually it's about fifteen or twenty minutes she's in there, or just long enough for me to have a sigh of relief and think "wow, she's actually going to stay in there tonight!" (cue cry). It's not that I mind holding her and cuddling her to sleep, but once she starts moving it won't be as safe so I'm trying to get her used to her own little bed now.

Despite refusing to sleep in anything but my arms, she does quite well when she's awake. I can now usually put her in a swing, bassinette or crib and she'll just lay there staring at something while I go to the bathroom or run to put laundry in or grab something to eat and let Sophie out. Of course, this means I run up and down the stairs constantly to check on her (unless she's in her crib, but she's usually the most fussy in there) so I really don't get much done anyway. But she is agreeing to stay in there longer, so that's some improvement!

I also have a serious addiction with my camera. I can't stop taking pictures of her, I flood my camera with literally hundreds of pictures every day or so. My poor computer for having to store them all (I also find it very difficult to delete any!) She's just changing so much, every day. She looks like a completely different baby from when she was first born. She's constantly changing, so I want to capture every look as she goes through them. I'm going to need a crazy giant photo album for her!

Here's some new pictures!









My Curly Sue!










Off to eat some canned cream corn, since that was the only thing in the kitchen today that fit both catagories of "can be made in 5 minutes" and "might not make Katie's belly hurt."

No comments:

Post a Comment