Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 21, 2011

19 days PP

Katie decided to account for all of her sleeplesss nights yesterday. She slept all day long, only waking every hour or two for a feeding and would fall right back to sleep. As much as I tried to wake her so that she'd sleep at night instead of day, she would only angrily scream at me for a moment before falling back to sleep anyway. I, of course, couldn't sleep at all during the day and had a horrible sleep-needing headache, so I didn't get to reap any rewards from her sleepiness.

Still, even with a fussy nighttime like last night, yesterday was much better than the day before, when food poisoning got me. No fun! Katie screamed every time I left her to go to the bathroom (Bill tried to sing to her, rock her and walk with her, but she was too angry to care. Not sure why, she wasn't even in the feeding mood. The moment I walked in the room she'd stop crying. Unfortunately for her I was going out of the room more than I was going in.) The pain from the food poisoning was terrible, and quickly sent me back to when I was in labor - it literally was that bad!

Thankfully I'm recovering from it now, I'm still a bit crampy but that's it. Definitely not something fun to have at the best of times, let alone while still recovering from birth and have a fussy newborn!

I've been having difficulty dressing Katie lately. She's past the newborn clothing weight (which goes up to 8 pounds and Katie is over 9.5) but she doesn't fill out any of the 0-3 clothing, but is too long for the newborn. She just barely fit newborn until today, when I decided to just move her up to 0-3 and let her outfits be a little loose on her (though that doesn't count for pants, since even the newborn waistline is still loose on her! She's just long and skinny!) It'll be fun when she starts to fill out her clothing though, as her newborn outfits are pretty bland. But I have the most adorable clothing for her, especially 0-6m!

And of course, here's a bunch more pictures of her:
















No comments:

Post a Comment