I'll see if I can write up anything today, Katie's already becoming fussy...
The nice newborn sleep is gone now, and Katie is staying awake and becoming fussy more often. Though it is fun when she's awake during the day and I'm somewhat conscious - seeing her look around and explore things is adorable. She has the brightest, wide eyes that try to capture everything.
Katie is the biggest cuddlebug. She'll sleep, but she wants to sleep only in my arms! I have a crib for her, a bassinette and a little bed that goes in our bed for her, but she won't have any of it. She only wants to be cuddled up either on top of me or in my arms. In the beginning I preferred this anyway, as I wake up whenever her breathing changes (even if it's just for a yawn) so I felt more secure. Now I'd rather her sleep in her little bed that I cuddle up against, just because she's starting to move around a lot and I think it would be easier, however the longest she's spent in there is a whole two minutes. It's not even just my arms, she also loves cuddling up with her daddy, which I'm surprised about. She doesn't mind if I go take a shower or leave for a bit to have a few minutes to myself - she'll lay in Bill's arms and just watch him make silly faces or she'll fall asleep for him. As long as she's being held, she's okay!
I've lost 26 pounds so far in the last 12 days. I can't believe how much my belly shrunk. I love that I can already see my hips again, and I have my little waist back! I expected to lose a lot of my belly after delivery, but I'm surprised at how fast I've been able to snap back. When I went to the midwife's yesterday, she said I have very strong ab muscles (which made it difficult to feel my shrinking uterus). I'm excited to work those muscles further and get back in tone. I'd love to get really well in shape before my next pregnancy, to ensure that the next one goes as smoothly as this one did.
Katie is breastfeeding great, it's going really well now and the pain has mostly gone away now. She's gaining weight and she fills her diapers at an alarming speed! I'm constantly feeding or changing her, and honestly it's going much better than I had thought it would. I don't mind changing diapers at all, even the really messy ones don't phase me (though Bill isn't too fond of diaper duty, just because he's afraid he won't do it well enough! He always needs me to double check his work, which means it's easier for me to just do it!).
I'm so not looking forward to Bill going back to work. Things are going smoothly right now because I take care of Katie completely and Bill takes care of the house completely, including making and delivering my meals and doing the grocery shopping. Once he goes back to work, I'll have to exist outside of the bedroom that I've become accustomed to, and do more than just take care of Katie. I'm enjoying this relaxed setting as long as possible. Four days to go! Where has all the time gone??
Here's some pictures of Katie from today and yesterday (11 and 12 days old - I finally did the math after being too tired to figure out how old she was yesterday when everyone kept asking me! I had to tell them that I didn't know how old my own child was!) and a picture of me about three or four days ago.
She's so adorable and you look fantastic for only being 12 weeks pp!!! :)
ReplyDelete