Katie is 9 days old today. She seems bigger, smarter and less newborn like by the day and I wish she wouldn't! She's going to grow up so fast, I know it.
Yesterday I had her napping on my chest while I was watching tv. She woke up, lifted her head, planted her hand on my chest and pushed herself over to lay on her back. She completely rolled over! I suppose it was easier for her since it was on my chest, but I didn't think babies were supposed to move at all at this stage. Just as I was telling Bill about it hours later, she woke up and did it again (she obviously rather sleep on her back, as she always settles back into a nap after she rolls.) So now I have to redo my sleeping plan to make sure she can't roll at all while we sleep. It wasn't something I thought I'd have to do for a while yet.
She also seems to love sleeping while sitting up. She gets so fussy sometimes, then I sit her up and she'll immediately fall asleep.
On my end, I'm now 135 lbs - 25 lbs down already! My stitches seem to be healing well since they don't hurt much anymore. I'm getting around really well now (though my tailbone still hurts a lot and my lower back doesn't let me be up and around for too long, not sure why though.) My bleeding is already calmed down.
Breastfeeding is going much better now. My nipples are getting used to it now and stopped bleeding. Katie has a giant appetite, she's definitely thriving, which is such a relief. I'm so glad we're doing well with it, I fully expected to have quite a few issues with it! So far the only big problem is leaking like crazy through every shirt I have, even with two and three nursing pads stuffed in.
Katie's waking up again, her naps are getting shorter and shorter lately.
Glad to hear everything is going well. Welcome to the most amazing job you'll ever have!
ReplyDelete