Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

No mastitis!

I'm so relieved today. Yesterday I was terrified that I was going to get mastitis. I had two extremely clogged ducts that I couldn't get work out and they got worse practically by the minute. The One made using my arm hurt so badly as it was on the side, and the other one actually felt like a goose egg popping out through my skin! They were really long as well, so a large part of these ducts were all clogged. My supply was raised as Katie's been nursing more lately, which only meant more milk was constantly being made and then getting stuck.

The best part was Katie refused to nurse yesterday. She had stayed up all night the night before and nursed so during the day she didn't want to, she was too tired. Every time I tried to make her nurse she'd instantly fall asleep. Tryin to wake her up again didn't work and she was so tired she refused to even sleep suckle. I tried a hot rag and a heating pad but they didn't really do anything. I stayed up until almost 3 am ppayig with Katie to make her nurse. By the time I went to sleep, the goose egg was gone, my breast wasnt hard anymore, and I was just sore. By morning I felt better, but I'm leaking everywhere today! I need to reduce my supply a bit, Katie can't keep up with it. She can't nurse that often and this morning when she did nurse for a long time, she then had a giant throw up after.

At least I don't have mastitis though. I kept thinking that I just had two rounds of thrush, at least spare me from all of the breastfeeding pitfalls.

Katie's eyes are getting lighter. They actually look silver grey and white on the inside and just the ring of blue on the outside. They're pretty neat. Bill has light blue eyes, I'm wondering If they'll end up like that. His whole family has blue eyes but of all different shades.

Tomorrow I'm taking Katie trick or treating at the Schuylkill mall with her little aunts and uncles. I'm dressing her up like Sophie again, and I'm making a cute black and turquoise tutu to go with it. She'll look adorable and the outfit is nice and warm too.

Katie loves to sing now, and she loves her voice. She chats with anyone, even random store clerks. At church we always have a problem, bc she wants to sing along, really loudly! She also likes to try to respond when the priest is talking, since she's used to replying when we talk to her and pause for her to say something. This is why we mainly stay in the mothers room. Katie still tries to sing out there too, but it's not disturbing the mass. Poor Katie just doesn't understand! It's a shame church doesn't fall into her nap schedule or it would be more enjoyable for me. As it is now, we sit in the front room and watch through the glass wall and Bill and Katie's future godfather sit in the back row together right in front of us. If Katie goes to sleep, I sneak in and sit next to Bill.

Pictures!

Just finished Katie's new tutu:



A few pictures of church:


Can you see the marble baptism fountain?


Inside Mass. You can see Bill sitting there:


This is part of the mother's area:


Katie loves to listen to me read Goodnight Moon. She follows along:


Princess Katie


And with Joker Sophie:


Katie's birthmark:


Silly girl, with such crazy hair! It's getting so long:



Katie and her daddy. It's hard getting good pictures of these two, as he never knows i'm taking them:



More of silly Katie


2 comments:

  1. Really not looking forward to all the random boob issues...they were tender enough before pregnancy due to size/bc's artificual hormones..

    Have fun tomorrow! I tried to talk J into letting me get Logan a costume, and while he is ok with sweaters, costumes are out of the question for his boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, boob issues are the worst. I never stopped growing in size, I'm still growing. I have the largest collection on bras and none of them fit! If I can just keep from getting thrush again and never having mastitis, I'll be a happy camper. Still, no fun going out to the first restaurant in 5 months just to leak puddles through my shirt. So noticeable!

    Lol, Bill once told me that the only grounds of divorce would be if I ever dressed Sophie in a tutu or something equally terrible. Didn't stop me. In fact I plan to do a whole Halloween costume for Sophie as soon as Katie is old enough to trick or treat! I'll do the same with any other dogs we may get!

    ReplyDelete