Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 16, 2011

15 Weeks!!

Katie turned 15 weeks today (well, yesterday as of a half hour ago, but honestly this is the soonest I've been able to post! It was a super busy day.) somewhere I managed to lose a week. I could have sworn she was only 14 weeks, but apparently she's 15. Didnt I just say she was three months old like last week, and now she's almost 4? Craziness! Time is flying by.

We spent the day running around, first went to my MIL's house for Bill's birthday dinner where we had fried diablo and garlic bread and everyone said how big Katie was getting. His mom also showed me a picture of Bill when he was a baby. Honestly he looks NOTHING like Katie in the picture! Not a single feature. How weird is it that they look nothing alike as babies, but she looks like how he does now? Maybe she has more in me than I thought. Now comparing us, I definitely say she has my nose and eye shape. Dunno where her lips come from, as we they look like Bill's, but as a baby Bill had pretty thin lips. Hers are very full. She definitely has his curly dark dirty blonde hair though, and seems to have his sister's eyes. Which would be nice for her to have, since his sister can't pass down her eye color herself as she can't have children.

We also went to Babies R Us where I again admired the Disney furniture (though Bill wasn't impressed, I was moreso than before. It has crystals on top of the posts! It has a mirror in the set too! We tried shopping for high chairs as well. Bill insisted on getting a gender neutral one but I so wanted a pink one. He knew this and even asked a clerk if they had any pink high chairs, as the only girly one was pretty ugly. Unfortunately, they didn't. In the end we got size 3 diapers as she had two blow outs today, and some pacifiers. So far she's unimpressed and not fooled, but she loves chewing on the bulb part.

We went to petco but were unsuccessful at finding a toy pacifier or anything babyish. Looks like I'll be sewing a baby bonnet for her!

We also went to get our rings cleaned today. My engagement ring was turning gold colored, so I decided to get it replated as I love the white gold color. This meant I also had to send in my wedding ring so now it looks like I'm unwed. Just days after Bill finally found his! We never get to wear them at the same time it seems. What stinks is we're going to church for the first time tomorrow and planning on talking to a priest. Wish I had my rings on for that! Going to a catholic church looking like a shacking up couple with a baby is probably not the best first impression but oh well.

And yes, I know I've been saying we're going to church for weeks, but this time we really are. Katie's probable godfather and his girlfriend and coming in the morning to go with us, has his normal church is far away from school and he'd like to go regularly again and be active in the church if he's going to be the godfather, which I think is nice. It be funny, since his long time girlfriend is named Katy, so we'll have two Kates going with us.


Well everyone else is in bed now, so I better get some sleep too!

No comments:

Post a Comment