Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 3, 2011

3 Months old!

Katie is now officially three months old, as of yesterday! And she's celebrating it by learning how to giggle - lots of giggles!

She isn't really sleeping at all though, for the past three days she's only done little five minute naps with lots of crabbiness following them. I can't believe that tooth hasn't broken through yet - it's bulging out of her gums but still trapped under there.

It's getting so cold now in the house, poor Katie's little hands were cold last night. I'm not sure what to do about that - I can't put her under warm blanets, and her scratch mittens don't fit her. She also hates when her hands are inside her sleeves. So how do you keep a baby's hands warm at night? And her little chilly nose?

I've been putting her in long sleepers, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I put her in one of those long sack things with an elastic bottom during the day over her sleepers and that seems to keep her warm, but they're not recommended for nighttime. So what else can I put her in? I'd wrap her in her swaddler to keep her warm but she HATES being swaddled. Nothing flares her temper like trying to be held down for even a moment! I guess I'm going to have to buy some real sleep sacks and hope she likes them instead of hating her legs being contained. I only have one so I'll have to invest in more for this winter.

Katie is going to love baking when she's older. She hates being in the swing while I do it, but she loves watching my mixer work, and she'll stay in my arms and watch as I struggle to one-handedly put batter into muffin tins. She wants to be up close to the action - not far away in her swing. I can't wait to put her in little baking aprons, with her hair back in braids and get her cooking with me.

Pictures later, Katie is being a crankster again!

Edited to add - I forgot to mention that Katie went to her first parade! It was fun until in the middle of it there was a terrible downpour that sent everyone running.


Me and Katie snuggling up before the parade started -
she was sound asleep even as the marching band passed by!

Katie's aunt, uncles and grandpa

Even Blue was there!

Katie and her daddy sleeping away

trying out our new maya sling!

Katie loved seeing the baby in the phone.

Speaking of which, Katie's new thing is staring at my phone and screaming at it until it plays Blue's Clues. Which meanss whenever I'm trying to use it for the internet, or talking on the phone, she's usually staring at it and yelling as loud as she can for Blue's Clues!

No comments:

Post a Comment