Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 14, 2011

Bill's Birthday

Well, I knew today would be a busy day. But after slacking off from injuring my elbow for the last three days, it's an even busier day! The time is flying by, katie is miss fusspot, my elbow is killing me and it's such a rainy day that all I want to do is sleep! Instead, I'm making lasagna, baking/decorating chocolate cake, wrapping gifts, setting up the table, doing dishes as fast as I can, and hoping that maybe I can get the house looking decent before Bill comes home. If I manage to brush my hair and get a shirt on, even better! Of course, there's also so many distractions today as well - I had to read about/immediately preorder Buddy Valastro's new baking book, and I have to watch 4 episodes on a dvd that needs to be returned tomorrow! (Plus I'm blogging! Ah!)

Hopefully everything comes together for tonight when we celebrate Bill's birthday. Katie is crying again...gotta go for now!

Bill ended up taking a half day and everything fell apart! The cake was decorated while still warm so a lot of it crumbled and none of it looked like it should have, in fact it looked pretty awful. I didn't have enough icing to do all the decorations I wanted to on it. I didn't get my hair brushed, I didn't get the dinner finished in time and I never got dressed in what I was going to wear. Oh well! He was still very surprised, even as he walked in on me lighting the candles.

It's now 8:30 and my whole family is fast asleep. I guess I'll go to sleep too, I'm beat from today! Here's some pictures of how it turned out:

This first picture was from last night. Every night this week he came home to a surprise sitting on his desk. Mainly candy with notes. This was piled up reeses on top of some swiss rolls.


Sophie was sad she couldn't participate, so I made her her own cake. It's a leftover lasagna noodle with her peanut butter spread on top and her favor little treats sprinkled around.


This is the set up:


Filled with some of Bill's favorite things that he never buys for himself. It's also the first time he's had swedish fish since we were in the hospital with Katie!


The cake. It has shaven chocolate on the sides and a little on top, Oreo icing piped out in flowers, chocolate chips spelling out "27" and chocolate sprinkles.



This is the lasagna half baked:


Blowing out the candles:


Katie right now, sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment