Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Almost...

"She's sleeping in her bassinette! She's sleeping in her bassinette!" I mentally shouted as I waltzed up the stairs, excitedly dreaming of how I could now spend my time alone. I could get a headstart on the dishes, or scrub up the bathroom, or try to learn a little more crochet. I could eat more than just a pumpkin muffin for breakfast, dump last night's baby bath water out and scrub the tub, I could clear off the bedroom dresser and fold clothing. Maybe I could even wash the blankets, pillowcases and sheets from the bed.

And then I heard it, just as I was about to enter the bedroom. The ruffling sound of a tiny bassinette being kicked to death and a little girl's excited breathing. She was clearly no longer sleeping in her bassinette, but wide awake and ready to be held. While I had been thinking of what I could accomplish without her in my arms, she had been thinking of all the fun stuff she wanted to do in my arms. Like take a stroll around the house, go visit mirror baby in the bathroom, see Sophie running around in the back yard, say goodbye to her daddy, take another bath, go for a walk around town, or watch some Blues Clues and see what Steve is up to today.

Clearly, only one of us was going to win in this situation, and it was obviously going to be her. So I said hello to her, and mentally packed up all my ideas and put them away for later. They'd all have to happen today (at least, the cleaning ones would) as we're having visitors tomorrow morning again, but now they'd probably end up a little more rushed and have a late start. This means that chicken and dumplings recipe will have to be saved for another day as well. But, baby girl is very happy about all of that. She's ready to start her day now that her early afternoon nap is over (it was only MAYBE 20 minutes long, ten of those minutes happening in my arms and the other ten she may have been sleeping in her bassinette or she may have been awake until I returned to her).

So my new plans for today with my little wide awake munkin is this: Get Katie dressed for her day, find a new sweatshirt for me as this one has evidence of the pizza war that was fought last night (me trying to actually eat while Katie was thrashing about in my arms), get out of my PJ bottoms and into some jeans that maybe don't fall right off of my waist the moment I step out of the house, go for a walk to the library, come back and start cleaning the house from bottom to top (as bottom is what will definitely be seen by others and top is just what should be cleaned but may be able to wait. Yes, i do things a little backwards here.)

I would still love to use my Kitchen Aid mixer again, as I loved it a few days ago and haven't had a chance to work with it again. I even had Bill run out and buy me more flour and sugar, but I just don't have the time to make anything else and we still have muffins and pumpkin pie left from the other day.

So hopefully I manage to at least make the downstairs sparkling today, even though I know Katie isn't going to give me another chance to put her in the bassinette today.

Edit:

I did get quite a bit of cleaning done. And I took a bunch of pictures of Katie today in her tutu (that she's starting to grow into) and her princess hat and edited some of them to look not so homemade.







No comments:

Post a Comment