Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rough night

And the stress continues.

Katie wont stop crying tonight. She's telling me something hurts but I can't figure out what. Theres just so much it can be. She has 7 viruses in her, a tooth trying to break free, oral thursh and a bad diaper rash. So I started with teething tablets because she was drooling so much. That didn't do anything. I changed her diaper again (after only changing her 20 minutes prior) in case she peed and it stung. I slathered her in desitin. Didn't help. I took her temperature, gave her the last daily dose of oral medicine for thrush, then gave her some baby medicine. Still nothing. She refused to nurse this entire time as well.

So I went back into the attic, where it seemed hot so I took off the onesie she was soaking with drool. Then I put blues clues on the big screen. Thankfully that gave me a little break, she watched about 10 minutes of it without crying. But then it started back up again. She was obviously very tired but something wouldn't let her sleep.

I took her downstairs again and walked her. It calmed her a little bit and made her sleepier. This is when I was able to nurse her finally while walking. After a while she started to close her eyes and now she's starting to sleep in my arms as we lay in bed. But she doesn't seem to be sleeping peacefully. Hopefully the meds are starting to kick in. It just feels like it'll be a very long night.

Honestly, my only wish is for her diaper rash to go away. I can handle the rest of this stuff, but the rash worries me. Bill said it looks much better. I think it might be getting worse. But I see it all day so it's hard to judge. If it's not showing a lot of improvement by Thursday night, I think I'll take her to the doctors on Friday. Not sure what they can even do. She's already on a prescription.

Also, it seems like The universe wants to drive me to the edge of insanity (if I'm not there yet). On top of EVERYTHING else, bill just said it looks like soph might be in heat again. Because you know, I have time to deal with her in diapers and cleaning that area. If I could, I'd be driving her to the vet tomorrow to get her spayed. This is a lot to handle all at once. Something's gotta give soon.

Did I mention my MIL might be stopping by tomorrow morning?

4 comments:

  1. Gotta admit, I don't think we ever washed that area when my moms dg was in heat. She had her little diaper on all the time unless she was outside, and we'd just slap a clean one on when she came in...she'd just get a bath when she was done. Dunno f tgat helps cross anything off your list...

    As for yout MIL, she was a new mother once...if she doesnt get it and cant understand, well....effffff her. :P family is supposed to support you not intimidate you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well by washing I mean with her medicated wipes and spray. She has a rash on her belly that we're treating 3-4 times a day. Thankfully it looks like Bill was mistaken and she doesn't have it yet, but it is due. Maybe if I'm super lucky it'll wait until the rest of this stuff dies down.

    My MIL DEFINITELY does not get it. To put it mildly, we have very different parenting styles. She decided not to come today though, so that made waking up a little happier! Lol

    Btw, when are you gonna update your blog? I think it misses you. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol who knows. I spend my days off sleeping as long as Logan will let mw before he has to go out, then rushing to get some stuff done before J gets home so it looks like I didnt sleep all day lol. Blogging is low priority for me at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I bet you're exhausted!

    I'm sure blogging isnt on your to do list, though try to keep a journal somewhere. You won't remember what this time is like later when you have the baby!

    ReplyDelete