Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

2m Doctor Visit

Katie had her two month visit today. She's now 14lbs, 3oz and 24 1/2 inches long; she's in the 95% tile for both height and weight. She's growing really well, the doctor said she's doing perfectly. I must make some pretty awesome milk, Katie has never lost any weight and gains like crazy!

Bill surprised me last night. I know he's quite the family man but he thinks about things that don't ever occur to me yet. Bill hates first shift with a passion, he's always told me how badly he's hated it. I've only ever heard that he wants to stay on second shift forever. Last night he mentioned about one of his friends in the same position as him on first shift wanting to go to a different position, and how he'd like to take his job. When i asked him why, he said he wanted to make sure he got to see Katie in her ballet recitals in a few years, and recitals are never in the morning. He'd rather wake up at 4 AM every day for the rest of his life than to miss out on his children's activities. Me on the other hand haven't thought that far ahead other than creating a fund now to save up for such things like ballet classes so we may be able to afford them in a few years.

It's fun to watch Katie wrap her daddy around her little finger more and more every day. He now comes home and asks to hold her and cuddle her because he missed her during the day. He shows her picture to his friends at work. At Dorney Park he proudly introduced her to all his buddies and had them look at her, telling them all that that's his little girl. It's very sweet.

There's so much more I was going to write about, but I can't think of what it was. My tired brain isn't working so well, so maybe another update will come tomorrow if I can remember.

Close up of Katie's eye color. It's actually slightly lighter than this:



This is how Katie sleeps at night, every night. It's the best angle I could get without showing everything. She lays on her side, and wants me to put my hand on her so she knows I;m there when she closes her eyes (if I don't, she cries until i do.) Then she puts her hand on me! Not sure if it's to make her feel safer or if it's to return the favor! LOL


Katie's bathtime curls!

No comments:

Post a Comment