Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ten Weeks Old!

Katie is ten weeks old! And to celebrate, we took her to her first amusement park!

Well, not really. I mean, we did take her there, but it was for Bill's company picnic that we go to every year. It's definitely a lot different with a baby! It was great though, because they close down the whole park just for his work to be there, so there's no lines, there's free food at the stands, and it's not overly crowded.

Every year we go there, there's something big that has changed from the year before. The first year we were newly dating. The year after we were newly married. This year we have a new baby. Hopefully next year we'll have another good big event! *more detail later.

Everyone loved her there, I didn't get stopped too many times with questions about her, but ,any people standing in line with us or passing by mentioned how they thought she was adorable and so cute. While it can sometimes be annoying, it is nice to know that the whole world loves my baby. LOL! Bill looked very proud to introduce his daughter to all his friends and coworkers. They all mostly had little kids of their own, so they seemed to understand the feeling!

We had a blast there, it was perfect weather. It was supposed to thunderstorm and be in the 60's, which worried me because of Katie. I packed her rain gear, three blankets, socks, etc to keep her warm and dry. Turned out to be a nice cloudy day (so Katie wasn't exposed to the sun) at 76 degrees. Wasn't too hot or cold at all, so we ended up staying for 5 hours instead of just 1 -2. Though that also meant I had to nurse in public, with everyone around since Katie had a freak out and decided to attack my boob through my shirt whether I wanted her to or not. And since she was screaming while doing it, it turned a few heads. I sat at a bench off to the side where no one really was and put a blanket over us.

We went to the water park and dipped Katie's feet in, but the water was cold and she didn't like it (It was actually really nice once you were in it for like 30 seconds but she was having none of it, so we picked her up and walked around in the baby pool instead taking lots of pictures. )

We ended up staying so long that we missed my twin nephew's second birthday party, but Dorney Park is always a really fun day for us and Katie wasn't holding up to well at the end so we took her home.

There was no roller coaster or any riding attractions this year, and probably not again next year either. Bill and I unofficially decided (well, I'm officially decided, and just mentioned to him in passing that this is my plan. He seemed for it, so...) that we'll start trying for another baby next year. Well, that was already the plan all along. But we're going to start trying in April, when Katie is 9 months. That way I can finish up her nursing at a year old still and have two babies under the age of two, which will be nice and close for them (especially nice if it would be another girl!) So we'll see how that goes. I'd like to have one more baby then wait a few years for the one after. That's the current plan, at least!

Looking at the pictures from today, I see why everyone says she looks just like Bill. Because she DOES look like him! Same  hair, skin tone, eyes, etc. It's really noticable in the water park pictures:

















I was so glad to get these pictures. Bill has come such a long way! When we were first together he hated pictures andd never wanted me to take them of him. Well, that wasn't going to work for me! He has since not only allowed it, and when I was pregnant he'd even insist on pictures together,  but he now takes a baby out of my arms and volunteerily poses for pictures and smiles!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment