Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Holiday and beyond

Katie had her first holiday yesterday. We had a little cookout on the back deck with some of Bill's family coming over. Besides the fact that the rain made out little grill putter out, it went pretty well. We also saw that Katie's eye color is very close to Bill's older sister's, so maybe she will keep those blue eyes after all. They seem to only be getting lighter.

Here's some close ups of her eyes:




Teething is still no fun. I got Katie a few toys to chew on, but she much prefers me, which has been making feeding time difficult. Her pain is now my pain, as my nipple is so very sore. I hope this tooth pops through soon, Katie can never decide right now if she's giggly or crying!

It's been raining for three days straight, with no signs of stopping at all this week. I really like going for walks as a whole family at night time to help Katie get some sleep, but there's no chance of that with all these thunderstorms. I've been substituting walks with baths lately, which seem to do the trick almost as well.

It's hard to believe Katie will be 10 weeks old on Saturday. It's going by so fast. For a little while on that day, we'll be heading up to Dorney Park. Bill's work buys out the whole park (and waterpark) for the company picnic every year and offers free food and pictures, so this will be Katie's first year with us. I've been pretty excited, it's always fun to go even though there won't be any roller coasters or water rides this year. Maybe if it's warm we'll be able to stick Katie's feet in the infant section of the water park though, since she loves the water! The weather is calling for a warm (80 degrees) but wet day though, so our visit may end up being pretty brief. The first time Bill and I went there, it rained all day and we stayed to ride everything anyway, but having a baby changes that quite a bit! If we do get rained out however, it'll at least save me the concern of trying to find ways of nursing her throughout the day. I'd rather not just sit on a bench to nurse her in front of everyone, and there's nowhere really to go out of the way. I also worry about her getting overheated, so at least if it's drizzling, I could put her in a stroller with a poncho over it and she'd stay both dry and cool. Dunno about me though!

I started Katie's Christmas shopping already. I'm so excited. Bill doesn't quite understand the sense of having a bunch of gifts for her since she'll only be 6 months and not able to open anything or understand what's going on, but if we get Sophie Christmas gifts, who doesn't care or know what's going on any year, we're definitely getting Katie some! I keep finding really adorable gifts that I'm sure a 6 month old will love. The problem is staying within budget! Looks like I'll be going back to doing surveys for a while if I keep buying.

I've been cleared to start exercising again, and I've been doing my best to keep up with it every day. I want my stomach toned up asap! I was 126 at the doctor's last time, and prepregnancy I was 117. My doctor told me I needed to stay above 120 for a healthy BMI, so I'm at a really good weight right now and I'm not trying to lose anymore (though I never really tried to lose the 40 lbs that I did!) Now I just have to worry about getting in shape. I used to love my belly, and right now I have big hate for how it looks, it's still a jelly belly. It's flat, but without those nice abs I used to have!







This was the poor outfit I had on Katie. Clearly, you can see that she's not only less than thrilled about the get-up, but a little frightened as well. We need to get her another *smaller* sunhat before Dorney!

No comments:

Post a Comment