Another week! I'm beginning to feel pretty good about the pregnancy. Eight weeks feels like a milestone for some reason. It's not as secure as 12 weeks, but it sure feels like something.
Morning sickness is still increasing and not letting up. I stopped sleeping at night because I'm plagued with sickness all night, and when I'm not, I'm woken up two or three times a night to pee - by the time I get back to bed, I feel sick again!
I'm having lots of aches and pains low in my stomach, but they're not much different than they've been since day one. I have period like crampiness (not quite as bad as my period, since I used to have terrible cramps that had me crying on the floor!) but still painful. I have some stabbing pain low on both sides. I'm not exactly sure what's causing them, but since I have scars low on both sides, I wonder if that's not affecting it.
My skin is starting to get itchy - majorly around the scars. I'm adding extra lotion to my skin to make it less itchy and easier to stretch a bit.
I'm growing out of my sweatpants now. I have some huge pajamas that are about three times the size of my body that I'm still fitting in, but that's about it. Seeing that they have very large, embarrassing pictures of food and such, I can't wear them in public so I have a bit of a hard time now. I'm wearing my extra big jeans right now.
I've also managed to grow out of all of my bras. My breasts look cut in half because they're pushing over the top of the bra cups. The bra is stretched as much as it can go - in fact, the one strap on the only bra I can currently wear is actually torn down to the last stitch because my breasts are so heavy right now. I'm excited to get new bras and a few new sweatpants next week after my scan. This growth is making my shirts shrink - most of my normal shirts are turning into belly shirts because of the extra on top stretching them further.
Speaking of my scan, it's in 6 days. I'm super excited, though I'm nervous too. I have a whole list of questions for my doctors (mainly about the pains) and can't wait to feel secure about the pregnancy. I think as soon as I hear the heartbeat, I'll feel so much better.
Belly looks about the same as last week, but for the sake of it, here's pictures of me at 8 weeks:
(as you'll notice, I can no longer button my pants!)




I had really bad pains also...The doctor said mine was just the stretching of the uterus and your body getting used to a baby growing inside of you...ligament pain I think is what she called it...And my scar(from previous c-section) bothered me really badly at first...but doctor said thats normal also...hope this puts your mind at ease until you see your doctor!! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 8 weeks!! :) and good luck the the appointment!! <3
Oh thanks! That does help. I had a feeling it was just the ligaments stretching, but sometimes it gets pretty sharp - though the sharp pains are usually around my legs and where ligaments are (which I really just put together now).
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 8 weeks :) Your little bump looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks! =)
ReplyDelete