Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

5 weeks. 6 days

Feeling a bit discouraged....

I decided today that since I needed to be out and about anyway to get my ring inspected for insurance reasons, that I could make an extra trip to the doctors since it was only about fifteen minutes from the ring store.

I waited until after their lunch time, then went down. It was a little after two and I had rehearsed exactly what to say so that they'd get my an appointment right then. I felt pretty good - all this stress over my doctor would be over with.

 I went to the door, and it was locked! I knocked and waited and no answer. There were three cars parked in the lot, so I figured there must have been someone in. I checked the times on the door that said they should be in by now. I even called every other day at 1:30 and there was always someone answering the phone. Not today.

 I couldn't believe it! It's like I'm thrawted at every attempt. Why can't I get an appointment? Isn't that supposed to be the EASY part of pregnancy?

 I'm giving it one last chance. Today I'm going to leave a message after hours, which should mean that the doctor has to give me a phone call back. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow at closing, I'm looking for a new doctor. That really saddens me, but I can't take risks just because I wanted to go with the doctor I'm familiar with. So...here's hoping I hear from him by tomorrow.

 My stomach is giving me a lot of pain. This morning/early afternoon I felt too sick to really eat more than a few crackers. By about 3 PM, I was starving so I ate two sandwiches with a side of sliced pickles and a milkshake. Now I'm really paying for it - because my stomach feels SO overly full and bloated that I can't bend down and it just aches. I'm sure this is why they say to each small meals, but I have so few openings when I don't feel sick that I try to quench my hunger whenever I can. It's very difficult to balance this sickness and hunger. Well, only about six weeks to go, hopefully...

On the bright side, since yes, I do have a bright side, I got a new adorable teddy bear figurine for my nursery. I collect Young Inc. bears that are about 10'' and so cute. I went to the goodwill and stared at another one today, which was a Halloween one inside of a pumpkin, high on a shelf that all of the employees refused to let me have and wouldn't tell me when they'd be clearing their display shelves.

But at least I came home to a cute little package of this little teddy I ordered for really cheap off of ebay:



No comments:

Post a Comment