Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 22, 2010

8w, 4d

I've been so sick today.

DH made eggs and bacon for us this morning, but the bacon smell has yet to leave the house! It's making me so sick. It's filled the two bottom floors of the house and any time I go down there, I either spend the whole time retching or throwing up. Anything with any kind of smell sets me off today. My stomach hurts from all the gagging I've been doing. So far, besides the little eggs and bacon I could eat this morning, I managed a few pieces of toast and two big bowls of plain rice, which is starting to make me feel worse instead of better.

 My dog isn't making it any better. Sophie has lately taken to wanting me to go all the way downstairs (from our spot in the attic living room) just to watch her eat! She acts like she has to go potty, and instead just wants company while she dines. This doesn't go over well with me, who has to have a something over nose and mouth just to prevent compulsion puking while down there.

 I'm really looking forward to second trimester. I've been sick all day every day for so long that I think I actually forgot what it's like to NOT be sick. I can't imagine not feeling like this anymore, but I sure want to feel normal again. First trimester has been pretty rough on me - I'm so ready for these symptoms to taper off in the next few weeks and make way for an easier second trimester.

 My ultrasound is in two days and I've been clinging to that thought. While throwing up, gagging, or just feeling like I can't stand this marathon 5 week sickness anymore, I keep thinking about seeing Baby and hearing the heartbeat. I think I'll at least feel mentally better when I see everything being okay. I'm so eager to see.

Meanwhile, I'm continuing to knit the baby quilt. I finished the first pink patch and now I'm almost finished with the blue patch. Knitting seems to help me a bit through the sickness.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon :( All the nausea and vomiting just started yesterday for me and I couldn't keep anything down...soon it will be over though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so hoping it'll be over soon! This has been making me go a bit crazy. It seems to be getting worse instead of better though...so who knows. =/

    ReplyDelete