Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

An update on the nursery...

Over the three day Labor Day weekend, we got more work done in the nursery. It now looks darling!

We washed our heart shelf with Murphy's Oil and put it on the deck to dry. Once it was a few hours later, my husband and his father helped to hang it. My husband suggested to put it on a completely different wall than I wanted, but in the end, his suggestion was much much better and I'm so glad I caved in. Here is what it looks like:


A close up with all of my teddy bear figurines that I've collected for the last six months or so...


Then we hung up the poster. This was a very special poster to me, and I love seeing it on the wall finally. I bought it at a yard sale this past spring because I thought it would go beautifully with the nursery. However, at the time, we hadn't even bidded on the house yet! I was so sure that this house was *my* house, that I started buying things for it before there was any evidence. I could just picture the teddy bear poster on the wall in this perfect spot back then....and now it's finally there! And sure enough, it does go darling in the room.


The last thing we put up was the little "Guardian Teddy Bear" sign on the wall. We had quite the problem with getting it to stick on the wall instead of jutting out awkwardly from it (it wasn't made quite right) but my husband managed to fix it with some duct tape.


 Now I just need to get my giant brown bear to sit underneath the sign from my parents' house and it'll be set.


 I do feel foolish, however, for spending about two hours today looking at which cribs, changing tables and gliding chairs that I want for the room. We aren't pregnant yet, but in my mind, it'll just make it easier later to decide what should go where and what to buy when my brain is all fuzzy from pregnancy hormones.

I love my nursery. Now all I need is a BFP to make it really start coming together. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment