Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Off Topic

Cooking and baking always cheers me up. If it's a rough day (and there's been enough of those since I started TTC) it's off to the kitchen I go to scour my cabinets and recipe books to see what I can put together. Generally, if I start cooking, I don't stop at just one meal. I usually make three or four things at once.

 Lately I've really been experimenting with pies - I love making pies! My DH teases me and calls me his little pie maker, which is funny since one of the first shows we both loved together (a rare thing indeed) was Pushing Daisies - about a pie maker.

 I love making every part from scratch. If it's pizza or pie, I have to make my own dough. If it's chocolate mousse, the chocolate is melted down instead of using chocolate pudding. To me, it makes it better if I can look at something I made and say "I made that," instead of saying "Me and the prepackaged companies made that".

 Anyway, I thought I'd share some pictures, since nothing baby wise will be happening now for about a week.

Coconut Custard Pie:

Apple Pie:

 Double Dark Chocolate Cake:

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Chicken and Veggies in a butter sauce:

Mini Pizzas:

Egg Salad Sandwiches:

A dish created by my dad - Egg noodles, spaghetti sauce,
brocolli and melted cheese:

Penne and grilled veggies with melted cheese:

Deviled Eggs:

Chocolate Mousse with ice cream:

Chicken Parm:

No comments:

Post a Comment