Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ouchies...

Two days ago I went a little cleaning crazy, which seems to hit me up once every few months. It's a sudden urge when I get up that the WHOLE house needs to be spotless. I'll literally run around, usually with trash bags flying behind me, grabbing any trash and throwing it out and organizing everything like it's a race. I go a little mad...

 Well anyway, when that happened two days ago, I tried moving a bunch of boxes that have been left over from moving in. Most of them are just junk boxes, filled with knick knacks and papers that don't really "belong" anywhere. Others had books in them (I already filled the nursery dresser full of books and don't have anywhere else to currently go with the rest) and others had lots of clothes shoved in them. The result of this was a twinge of pain in my lower stomach and on the side. No biggie.

 Yesterday I tried reducing my baby brain-caused stress by taking a long walk with Sophie. We went walking over bridges and around the town park and through our neighborhood. We even found a dog that had all of her same markings, but it was HUGE, bigger than a Pyranees, which are generally my definition of huge. It was a Great Swiss Mountain Dog, which I'd never personally seen. Despite the size and Sophie's weariness of large dogs, she LOVED her and kept trying to play. I don't see any Bernese Mountain Dogs around here (the people who know of her breed when we mention it generally haven't seen them in person either) but it was fun seeing her cousin.

The walk was definitely good for both of us...until we got home. Just as I walked through the door the pain came back again, but much much worse. (so much for stress relieving!) I stayed on the sofa for a little while but it grew. I took a hot shower to relieve the muscles, but standing made it worse. This pulled muscle is in the worse place possible - I'm supposed to be ovulating any day, and instead of being able to detect those monthly common little twinges of tell tale ovulation, I can only feel the pain of this sore muscle. TTC, of course, has gotten much more difficult as well and has to be done much more carefully, which is a PAIN because I'm on CD 13...I need everything to be working smoothly right now!

Well, hopefully it heals soon. At the very least, I got a semi clean house out of it!

Here are some pictures from the walk....

The Bridge:

Sophie walking on the path behind the park:

No comments:

Post a Comment