Katie is finally eating well!
Over the last three months I've tried BLW and purees and neither worked or interested her. She hated everything. Now that her first tooth broke through, she suddenly is willing to eat. She hated bananas before and yesterday she gobbled up a 1/3 of one mashed up with breastmilk. She enjoyed her squished peas as well. I gave her some chewable yogurt treats today and she enjoyed munching on them. She's eating well! I guess she was just a late bloomer on it but she acts this way about everything. One day she's totally incapable of doing something and then them next morning she suddenly is doing it like an old pro. It's like she waits until she's absolutely sure she can do it perfectly.
Her second tooth is coming as well. Such misery! Her first is still coming up and the second is right against it and it always hurts worse at nighttime. Two nights ago she was up for hours crying over it.
She's very smart, she definitely knows her surroundings as when something isn't normal. On Saturday I put her in the nursery to play. She was fine until she heard a man's voice talking in the attic (it was Bill.) She knows that in the middle of the day, it's usually only her and I at home. She got freaked out about who else was here, she kept trying to look behind her and screaming until I picked her up, took her to the attic and showed her that her daddy was home. Once she saw it was him, she was fine. I took her back down to play and she was fine and remembered the whole time who it was that was talking.
She's doing great with the crib. She takes most of her naps in it (when she doesn't, it's from my own laziness and just keeping her in bed with me) and sleeps half the night in it. For only having been doing it for a week, she's doing great. I much prefer this method. I see so much heartache from mothers listening to their children scream in their cribs. A lot of people who have babies Katie's same age are going through that right now and it seems like torture. With the way I'm doing it, Katie never gets upset and she's still learning to sleep in it and away from me. She no longer needs me against her as she now turns away when sleeping and she likes her space to spread out. Doing it this way also seems to make her feel secure - she's on her own but she knows I'm right there when she needs something.
The last week I've rearranged her nursery. I took down the teddy bear figures as they don't really apply to her as a non-infant and personalized the room more to her tastes. The shelf that once had teddy bears now has the books I made of her first months on it, her framed footprint paper, her stuffed teddy that she used to play with all the time, and a few other small things she likes. On the other side are princess dolls and Disney stuffies. I took out the bassinette and the extra pack and play for now and moved the glider against the wall so she now has an entire room to spread out, explore and play. I may move either her attic pack and play or the extra one back into the nursery at some point so she has a safe place to sit while I run around and do chores.
This week has been miserable weather. Last week was perfect, the temp being all 65+ degrees. This week it's been in the 40's, except today it's about 60 but thunder storming. Can't wait to get her back outside and playing again every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment