Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 2, 2012

8 Months Old

Katie is eight months old today! The fact that it means she'll be a year old in just four short months is clouding my joy for it. I don't want her to be such a big kid yet, I'm not ready for it! She'll be leaving babyhood behind before you know it. Four months isn't much time!

I saw a lot of people on my board writing "In case I die" letters to their children for their important birthdays, wedding, birth of child, etc. Even though they insisted it wasn't, I found them very morbid and couldn't bring myself to participate, besides the fact that its a lot of letters to write for each and every kid for all pf their important occasions in case i die. However, as a teen I did love writing letters for the future. I still have many of them. Some were letters to me for when I became a parent, some were for my future husband, and some I no longer have but I remember writing. So I decided to write a letter to Katie. Not in the case of my death, but with the idea in mind that I'll still be there with her when she reads it. It was more just something sweet, not "what I want you to know in case I'm dead." I felt better writing it this way. I tucked it away in her Katie box that's filled with all of her hospital and infancy special things and tied up in ribbons in her closet.

There's not too much different happening. Katie is trying to say more words but she's mainly sticking with bababa, mamama and gahh gaaah gaaaah. She's despising naps even more and fighting them. She's slowly enforcing less naps. She usually takes three, but she's down to two and that's only if I spend an hour trying to get her down for both of them. It's making her cranky but she's persistant! She's enjoying playing with both of the doggies as well, she loves any attention from them. They can make her giggle more than anything else can!

Outside of Katie, there's even less new stuff happening. Still no AF here for me, despite continued bloating, crankiness and crampy. But I'm also becoming more efficient in house cleaning and getting to do my hobbies, so I'm alright with my new routine. I know the moment I get pregnant, it'll completely shatter so I'm rather enjoying this time. As for our resolutions, my new routine still does not include waking up at all early (re: before 10 AM) but Bill has lost 20 lbs in the last two months, so that's one good thing that we've kept with. We are also still eating daily salads, no sodas, and daily fruits. Bill drinks carrot juice every day to flush his liver of toxins, but I can't bring myself to do so - I'll make it, but it tastes nasty!

Katie's crying again (mainly because her very late nap was only 5 minutes long) so I have to go. A few pictures of her from today:





No comments:

Post a Comment