Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Different foods

Every time I think I'm getting a step or two ahead, something pushes me back! The last few days Katie has been doing really well with food. She'd eat almost half a container of yogurt or 1/3 of applesauce and some Cheerios every day. She's also been taking a bottle of pumped milk well. Last night we found a food she loved, which are sweet potato puffs (originally I was going to skip these types of baby food all together and just do BLW, but she seems to need small steps and I figured these in between solids would get her used to textures.) however today I sat her down with the same applesauce she always eats and her puffs. She gobbled down the puffs (cut in half as they're quite big!) and gave her a few spoonfuls of applesauce. With each spoonful, she made this face, like it was super sweet. Not sure why, as we bought the natural applesauce with no sugar added - this stuff is BLAND! After about three or four spoons and making those faces, (she kept opening her mouth for more though), she ended up throwing up. So I'm sitting here, quite confused as she never had a problem with applesauce before and if it was the sweetness that did it, why wouldn't she have the same reaction to her vanilla yogurt, which is much sweeter? I tasted the applesauce and it's still bland tasting and nothing odd. Maybe for some reason it just didn't agree with her belly today? I'm trying to find more foods to give her. She's not fond of purees or anything I liquify in the blender for her. I was going to do brocoli heads but she's already so gassy. I already know that she won't like baked potato textures. As long as she's eating her yogurt, I'm happy. Since she was born she got yeast outbreaks every two months. She's currently three weeks late for her two month outbreak and I'm hoping it's staying away from us both eating our daily yogurt. I've heard of babies getting rid of the outbreaks permanently just by eating yogurt so maybe it'll work for her. Or maybe I just jinxed us, I don't know. Fingers crossed though. I started making her baptism skirt last night. Due to how very expensive dresses are (and it's for one occasion she can't wear again), we bought her a baptism onesie and socks. So far making her a tutu skirt in pure white and lined with silk ribbon. If it doesn't come out right, I may line it with sewn tulle with rose petals inside to give some weight to it and make it prettier, or put some sheer white fabric over it to make an official skirt. Currently it looks like I'll need another spool of tulle as I'm running very low. I'm also making her a white bow with tulle underneath for her hair to match the outfit. And of course, I already have a baptism cake planned out. Sounds like Katie is making sure to get rid of the applesauce from both ends so I'll have to finish this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment